C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel lines - replacement

Old 04-03-2005, 11:05 AM
bheston
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel lines - replacement

I was working on the vert and noticed that the aluminum fuel lines in the frame by the tank were slightly crushed. My guess it is from a floor jack. Has anyone seen this or replaced those lines? They look to run from the tank to the fuel filter/engine.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

These lines have been discontinued from gm for a while. To my knowledge no one is reproducing them. They can be repaired by splicing new sections in using unions. Another option, although expensive, is to run braided steel line as a replacement.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:58 PM
bheston
Racer

GM Parts Direct had them listed and gave a price for each of about $80. Do you suppose I'll get a call after I order telling me they have been discontinued?
Old 04-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I replaced mine with steel braded lines. I went to alocal "hose" placeo ge mine, but you can also get them through Summit, I also had my fuel rail welded with AN6 fittings... It is easiest to di it at the unions right at the frame rail.

Mo
Old 04-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bheston
GM Parts Direct had them listed and gave a price for each of about $80. Do you suppose I'll get a call after I order telling me they have been discontinued?
I suppose you will get a call. If not my parts guy was wrong, or too lazy to do a search. Keep us posted if they are available. Your question/ problem comes up quite often.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:46 PM
bheston
Racer

Update - My local GM dealer ordered both the feed line and the return line for me. The application is a 92 LT1. They were $62 each. The part numbers are:

10158027 - Pipe, Feed line
10158028 - Pipe, Return line

These are from the tank to the filter/engine. They will give me a call when the parts arrive. Having said that, there is still no guarantee I won't get the "discontinued" call later this week.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 04-09-2005, 01:31 PM
bheston
Racer

Default New update

Dealer called to tell me the hoses were in! Picked them up Friday and they looked perfect. All the bends, all the spring wire, everything(even the crimped on-rubber ends that go to the fuel pump). Evidently these are not discontinued or GM is making them again.

Now, I just have to install them!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
bheston
Racer

So I started the task of replacing the lines. Here are the minor things I removed:

- Gas cap door and rubber
- Right rear tire
- Spare tire
- Spare tire carrier

So I can see the line I just don't know how I am going to replace them without removing the exhaust and the rear end. They must have been installed at the factory before the rear end. I'm having doubts if this task can be accomplished without a major disassembly. Any thoughts?

Old 04-11-2005, 01:44 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Bummer I thought you were just getting the front lines leading to engine from the fuel filter which have unions to make the install easier...

Mo
Old 04-11-2005, 07:21 AM
KAZ2
Instructor

Not what you want to hear, but, I would put my fuel pressure guage on and see if pressure was up to spec. If not, I would splice in a patch of the crushed section. I would put my new line which will be worth its weight in gold sooner or later in storage and save it for a restoration. I have heard of some fuel lines being rusted which would make it a no vote decision. I have the lines from the filter forward tucked away hoping I will never need them. Regards

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel lines - replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel lines - replacement