C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ok where is the sticky Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 01:27 AM
RocketSapp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ok where is the sticky Thread

I expected to see a sticky thread on picking the right cam and pistons for a NOS motor. I am getting ready to build a 383 for my 89 Vette. While I am not going to jump right to a NOS system I would like to get one some day. This is going to be using a 4 bolt main block and the stock Alum heads from the car. I am going to install a better cam and of course new pistons and rods. However, I am not sure what type of CAM to get to be able to run NOS later. I want plently of power before the NOS but I don't want so much that I nuke the engine when I get the NOS. Any suggestions on an CAM, pistons, compression, or anything else?

Tim
RocketSapp
Old 04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
byebyeL98
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13

it definitely depends on how much nitrous you plan to use (75 hp, 100hp, 150hp, etc.). are you going with a wet or dry system?

forged pistons are a good idea. i wouldn't go too high with the compression (10.5:1 works well). an adjustable timing retard box will help keep your new engine safe. a performance fuel pump (like a Walbro) will help, too.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:13 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Originally Posted by byebyeL98
it definitely depends on how much nitrous you plan to use (75 hp, 100hp, 150hp, etc.). are you going with a wet or dry system?

forged pistons are a good idea. i wouldn't go too high with the compression (10.5:1 works well). an adjustable timing retard box will help keep your new engine safe. a performance fuel pump (like a Walbro) will help, too.

I was thinking the area of a 100hp Wet shot. I am planning on using the heads that are on the car now and using an Eagle Stroker crank\rods with Forged pistons.

Tim Sapp

Get notified of new replies

To Ok where is the sticky Thread

Quick Reply: Ok where is the sticky Thread