C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'93 won't start, seems injectors aren't injecting

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 08:06 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default '93 won't start, seems injectors aren't injecting

I'm having a problem getting the car started. I can start it after it sits for awhile, it runs for about one second, then stalls. After that, it will crank but not turn over.

I checked fuel pressure and spark at a couple of wires and both are fine. I can get the car to run by spraying starting fluid into the throttle body, but once it's burned the car stalls again. It appears that the injectors are not sending the fuel into the cylinder (I can't feel or hear them firing). I think I might have an electrical problem as the battery slowly drains as it sits unless it's plugged into a charger.

What module controls the injectors, the central ECM in the dash, or one of the modules in the engine bay? Could a short on one of the lines cause the injectors to not send fuel into the cylinder?

Any other suggestions?

TIA
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Check the fuel fuses in the fuse panel, first. Then turn key to on and go to the rear and see if you can hear the fuel pump turn.
If the battery gets below I think 9.5 volts the car wont start.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I checked the fuses (all fine) and the pump works fine, I can hear it run, hear the fuel circulating in the fuel rails, and we did a fuel pressure test...all ok.

Get notified of new replies

To '93 won't start, seems injectors aren't injecting

Quick Reply: '93 won't start, seems injectors aren't injecting