C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

remove seat cushions??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:17 PM
tigmaned
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remove seat cushions??

i want to clean out my seats, i have the bottom cushions out they were easy. but how do you get the back cushions off the seat??
Old 05-30-2005, 02:29 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

What year Vette, sport seats or std seats??

With my '88 sport seats there is no freakin way those seat backs come out without major surgery. My seat backs are hog-ringed to the side bolsters and the bolsters are stapled to the seat back.

If you want to do a thorough cleaning, pull the entire seat so you can get down on the sides. My 35th has white leather seats and I was amazed at how dirty they really were after I pulled them from the car. And it allowed me to do a thorough carpet cleaning too.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:34 PM
tigmaned
Pro

i have a 86,
yeah i had them out of the car, but looked all over and couldn't figure out how they come off the main part of the seat?? and i found about $3 or $4 bucks in change from the last owner.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:53 PM
redvetteC4
Instructor

Default remove seat cushions

On my 92 the foam has a wire frame imbedded in it. There are clips one top ,one lower side that grip the heavy wire on each side. Squeeze the one side really hard ,push toward the center & it will slide loose ,then just slip other side free. The tension holds it into the clips that are riveted to the back . Really very simple. But don"t be afraid to apply the force. Get your hands under the side next to the back & push,bingo it's free. Installation helps if you make a tool to seat the second set of clips.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:59 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I had to cut the hog rings about half way up the seat backs to replace the lumbar air bags.

While in there I found that the side bolsters had been stapled to the sides of the seat back and then folded over and hog ringed to the seat back, making for a fun project when replacing seat covers.

Get notified of new replies

To remove seat cushions??

Quick Reply: remove seat cushions??