C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Which A/N fitting for stock fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Eike
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which A/N fitting for stock fuel filter?

I need to exchange the stock fuel lines of my wifes '85 C4 to PTFE-lines. As I'd like to keep the stock fuel filter, i am wondering which fittings/adaptors to buy ... the thread on the filter is M16x1.5.

Unfortunately we already tossed the old lines so I can't take a look how they are sealing at teh filter. If I buy an adaptor AN-6 to M16x1.5 the only "gasket" is the thread itself what can not be good I believe.

Are there special fittings with an o-ring on the market? How did you guys deal with that?

Best wishes
Eike
Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Eike
I need to exchange the stock fuel lines of my wifes '85 C4 to PTFE-lines. As I'd like to keep the stock fuel filter, i am wondering which fittings/adaptors to buy ... the thread on the filter is M16x1.5.

Unfortunately we already tossed the old lines so I can't take a look how they are sealing at teh filter. If I buy an adaptor AN-6 to M16x1.5 the only "gasket" is the thread itself what can not be good I believe.

Are there special fittings with an o-ring on the market? How did you guys deal with that?

Best wishes
Eike
You need what's known as a "Saginaw" sealed adapter. I'm going to just give you a quick link and you can sort out your needs. I DO NOT buy from Summit but it might be the easiest find for images and information. The Summit information is generally for "pairs" at the fuel rail but you'll get the idea.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220009/overview/

I'll post back with some "singles" information from likely a different source. These were "quick"!

Here's some Paragon application charts and you might be able to use this information to create some search terms that could help you with your location. Russell should also do them. Here in the US it's quite easy!

http://www.paragonperformance.com/ADPTRS6.html

The ones you want are generally advertised for power steering and hydraulic uses. You need to be sure it's pictured with an o-ring and NOT just an M16 X 1.5 to AN-6. The o-ring might also be dimensionally different for the hydraulics and I've never attempted to check the fit in a fuel filter.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-09-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Which A/N fitting for stock fuel filter?