C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Diacom and newer Laptops

Old 08-01-2005, 06:23 PM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Diacom and newer Laptops

I have had diacom for seemingly ever and it works fine with my 486. I am running ver 2.84

I tried installing it on a Dell Latitude Pentium 2 with Window 2000 Proffesional. The program runs but it won't connect. It locks up when you try to connect. If you have it set to the wrong port it recognizes the cable isn't their.

I call Diacom, they were worthless, they said I coun't run in it 2000 or XP enviorment and would have to partion the disk to run it in DOS. The said its impossible to have full control of the serial port (so what the other scan tools doing ) I don't want to do that. I want to be able to run a scan tool and Tuner Cat RT at the same time and not on 2 lap tops. Any good Diacom user forums or anyone here have any good idea for me.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Corvette86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

No good news with Diacom. I have Diacom GM+ that I've been using for many years on my 86 vette. The software requires an old 386 or 486 laptop to run. Some report sucess with a P1. Datamaster will allow you to do the things you want to do. Do a search for info on it in the forum.

Cheers,
Frank
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 AM
85vet
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Diacom runs in good old DOS. Win2000 through XP iare not DOS based. If you want to run a newer computer you will have to go with newer/upgraded program. Some of the newer portables do not have serial ports - only usb connections, this also poses a problem.
I still run my diacom on a Pentium 100 or a pentium 366 booting to DOS.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run Diacom+ on a HP Pavillion PIII 700MHz on WinMe. Runs fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Diacom and newer Laptops

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diacom and newer Laptops