C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

PCM Upgrade

Old 10-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Rippers_Evil_Twin
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Upgrade

Has anyone ever had any success at upgradeing a 93 PCM with a e prom to a PCM out of say a 94 with a flash programable chip?

Whats involved a wire harnes change I'm probley going to be pulling the engine anyhow.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:13 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippers_Evil_Twin
Has anyone ever had any success at upgradeing a 93 PCM with a e prom to a PCM out of say a 94 with a flash programable chip?

Whats involved a wire harnes change I'm probley going to be pulling the engine anyhow.
It wouldn't be that hard if you got a complete harness out of a donor car. But where the problem lies is the compatibility between the CCM in your car and the 94/95 PCM. I can't say if the 93 CCM are the same as a 94/95 but I would suspect that they are different due to the hardware differences between the 93 ECM and the later PCM. If the pinouts are the same between the two CCMs you maybe able to just get a 94 CCM and swap it out. But be aware that the milage is contained in the CCM so just swapping out with a used one may not work, not even to mention if the options are different between the two cars. It would be best in that case to just get a new CCM for about $300.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippers_Evil_Twin

You don't wanna go there. The intake manifold is different (remember one is batch fire and one is sequential fire) And a whole host of other problems crop up.

You can get a 29C chip that will fit the 93 pcm that is programmable if you wish. Go to TunerCats site and you will find it.

But I have 2 93s and I say, Why?? It is as cheap or cheaper to buy a programmer and you are good to go with the chips.

perry
Old 10-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Rippers_Evil_Twin
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy
You don't wanna go there. The intake manifold is different (remember one is batch fire and one is sequential fire) And a whole host of other problems crop up.

You can get a 29C chip that will fit the 93 pcm that is programmable if you wish. Go to TunerCats site and you will find it.

But I have 2 93s and I say, Why?? It is as cheap or cheaper to buy a programmer and you are good to go with the chips.

perry
I'll check out the tuner cat site that sounds like a good option.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To PCM Upgrade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM Upgrade