C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

fuel pressure return line

Old 10-09-2005, 08:12 PM
PMARTINEZ92126
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pressure return line

I am chasing down a hot start problem and I was told to pinch off the return line after the fuel pump was energized to see if I had leaky injectors or a bad afpr. I know the fuel line that goes into the passenger side fuel rail is the high side so I am pinching off the line that comes out of the other line. Is this the right line and is it OK that Im going to pinch the line next to the fuel filter on an 86 TPI. Or should I be pinching the line closer to the fuel pump in the rear of the car. The car holds steady at 42 psi and then drops down to 20 psi in 3 seconds after the car is shut off. So Im going to test it this week after I get some help. Am I using the right precedure?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I was always told to pinch the return line at the tank.For the 86,the smaller hose and line is the return one in the back of the tank at the sending unit.Its a bit smaller in diameter than the feed line.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:09 PM
tigmaned
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man it must be a common thing with TPI vette's? mt 86 is doing the same thing. fuel pressure is right at 39psi ans drops to 22psi at shut off. i took the rubber boot around the gas cap off and the upper line heading to the right is the feed line and the lower line heading to the right is the return line. the line coming from the left side is coming from the vapor cannister system. i have been running 2 bottles of fuel injector cleaner in half a tank of gas the last couple of time put fuel in and i no longer have a long hard start when warm. and she running a little smoother? just got to get her to pass emissions now!
Old 10-09-2005, 11:11 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Pinch the line(s) on the rubber tubing on top of the tank near the filller pipe.

Get notified of new replies

To fuel pressure return line

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel pressure return line