C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

c4 anti theft system problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:32 PM
tck
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c4 anti theft system problem

[SIZE=1undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined]undefined[/SIZE]I HAD TO CHANGE MY IGNITION KEY LOCK CYLINDER. IN THE PROCESS MY ANTI THEFT SYSTEM ACTIVATED AND I CANNOT GET IT TO RESET. NORMALLY THIS CAN BE DONE BY DISCONNECTING AND RECONNECTING THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE. 1984 CORVETTE NO CODED KEY. SURE COULD USE SOME HELP ON SOLVING THIS PROBLEM. ALSO I HAVE NO POWER TO THE DASH, ALL I GET IS THE RADIO AND THE FLASHING FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS FROM THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM. THE ENGINE WILL NOT START NO POWER TO THE SYSTEM.

Last edited by tck; 10-11-2005 at 09:59 AM. Reason: MORE INFORMATION
Old 10-10-2005, 06:37 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I thought the anti theft system was activated by the door switches.Have you tried turning the key in the door locks to reset.
The VATS (coded key ) on later models only disables the engine and is independent from the anti theft as far as I know.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Biff Buyer
Racer

yea it just in the door, play around with the lock until somthing clicks, then open the door and see if that clicking sound in your dash stops
Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 PM
woody1243
Instructor

need to know what year of car. On most 84s, door key lock will disable alarm and once inside you can hit the auto unlock and it will keep the alarm off until you hit the door lock(mine seems to have the fastest auto lock in the world, close the door and it's locked). If you have keyless and the fob doesn't work you need to find the external brain for that alarm, you need to use a switch across the blue connector to sync the alarm to the fob. The brain should be on the drivers side behind the sond buffers as this depends on the installation company.
I hope this helps....
Woody
Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

When I once triggered my system all it took to deactivate it was starting the engine.

If that doesn't work you might try just using the button to electrically unlock both doors. Since locking the doors arms the system, unlocking them should disarm it.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:52 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have an aftermarket alarm?

If it's the stock system, what's mentioned should work. Otherwise, I'd dry disconnecting the TDM. That will prevent it from disabling the starter relay in the meantime.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Biff Buyer
Racer

i have an aftermarket remote door system. That has no effect on my current factory system. I have an 85
Old 10-11-2005, 09:16 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

I doubt that's the case unless it was a custom install and interfaces with the signals to the TDM. Otherwise it simply can't arm/disarm the doors properly.

Test it out... put your window down. Shut the door, lock it with your keyless. Then reach in, unlock the door from the door panel switch, and open it. If your system is armed, this should trip the factor alarm. Unless your factory alarm/tdm is unplugged. If your system just isn't arming with the keyless, then you have had no alarm/horn protection.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:21 PM
tck
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
I doubt that's the case unless it was a custom install and interfaces with the signals to the TDM. Otherwise it simply can't arm/disarm the doors properly.

Test it out... put your window down. Shut the door, lock it with your keyless. Then reach in, unlock the door from the door panel switch, and open it. If your system is armed, this should trip the factor alarm. Unless your factory alarm/tdm is unplugged. If your system just isn't arming with the keyless, then you have had no alarm/horn protection.
I HATE TO SEEM IGNORANT BUT WHAT IS THE TDM??
Old 10-13-2005, 01:03 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

sorry, TDM = theft deterrent module. Behind the passenger dash on early vettes.

Get notified of new replies

To c4 anti theft system problem

Quick Reply: c4 anti theft system problem