C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help finding a door switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

Default Help finding a door switch

I haven't been able to locate a new switch for the drivers door, the one that disarms the alarm. I took it out and tried to clean it but couldn't get it to work. Any ideas were to get a new one? The dealer said it was discontinued.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for what year?
which door? (they might have 2 DIFFERENT part numbers)

i too need new door switches for my 1992 - hopefully yours is similar in years and i can ride your coat tails to find new ones!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:39 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Available at all the online vette parts places.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:19 PM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

What I found is that corvette parts has something they call door antitheft switch but they don't have a picture to be sure. Ecklers has a left door alarm switch(I need the drivers door) but the picture isn't like mine. The switch is the same and the plug looks the same but mine has about 8" of wire and the one in the picture looks like about 18" and it has some extra holders and stuff. Cost is $27.99, part number is 28793 for the drivers door. I'm going to call them to see if the picture might be for a different year, either way a little extra wire won't hurt.

I have a 92 too... I love how the codes let you trouble shoot it to the switch!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Help finding a door switch

Quick Reply: Help finding a door switch