C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What is my injector size?? - Are Racetronix good injectors??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What is my injector size?? - Are Racetronix good injectors??

I had another thread going and got mixed information. I had been under the impression that my 95 LT1 6spd had 24lb injectors stock...and was told that in the last thread. But I was also told (and given a chart backing it up from Accel) that my 95 was to use 26lb injectors. So I have no idea what I am supposed to get. - - - I am also wondering if Racetronix are good injectors - as I was told they are better than the Ford/Bosch injectors. - - - I am so confused (If the Racetronix are better it is easier for me to get them - not much more $ either).
Old 02-05-2006, 03:40 PM
MrNuke
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, your stock injectors are 24lb injectors.. I have a set off a '95 LT1 which I'm using now.

Never heard anything bad about racetronix, their prices are pretty good I think.. There was also a guy on here that was reconditioning injectors and selling them also. Not sure of his name though...

Last edited by MrNuke; 02-05-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrNuke
Yup, your stock injectors are 24lb injectors.. I have a set off a '95 LT1 which I'm using now.

Never heard anything bad about racetronix, their prices are pretty good I think.. There was also a guy on here that was reconditioning injectors and selling them also. Not sure of his name though...
OK - here is the site that says 26lb for 94-96 :

http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/DFI_05.pdf

pages 13-14 give that information... However..since I have light mods and am going to get a tuned PCM I might go ahead and get 26lb injectors anyways.. In which case I may very well go with Racetronix. But no one else seems to have recommended them. They are close to $300 for 8 (not a bad price). I think racetronix.com gets you to their site. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Old 02-05-2006, 03:55 PM
MrNuke
Le Mans Master

I learned over the years to never trust any documents or publications and to trust my own eyes instead. It is not unheard of that data is incorrect. heck go to Autozone, and they'll claim my '85 vette is carburated.

If you do have mods planned for the car, I'd go larger too. 26lbs sounds good, and get a good tune after everything is done..

But it relies on how MUCH of mods you are going to do..
Old 02-05-2006, 04:08 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrNuke
I learned over the years to never trust any documents or publications and to trust my own eyes instead. It is not unheard of that data is incorrect. heck go to Autozone, and they'll claim my '85 vette is carburated.

If you do have mods planned for the car, I'd go larger too. 26lbs sounds good, and get a good tune after everything is done..

But it relies on how MUCH of mods you are going to do..
The mods are very light... And I will be getting a tuned PCM from PCMforless that will be installed at the same time as the injectors. I have gutted the cats - Flowmaster Super 40s - will have x-pipe installed this weekend probably... also cut lid (amongst new upgraded plugs/wires/cap/rotor etc.)... - - Since the mufflers went in I have a slight backfire at times (when I lost backpressure on the Ferrari with a new exhaust system I had to jet the carbs much heavier to get it to run properly as it had gone lean). I was thinking the loss of backpressure may have done the same here since it never backfired before exhaust work. And if I am getting a tuned PCM anyway I didn't think it could hurt (the injectors all cost the same amount).
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
vette_tweak
Racer

If you're going to buy the Racetronix injectors, I'd recommend buying them matched. I bought a set from Racetronix when
one of my stock injectors internally shorted. I had used the stk injectors for 7 years and all the plugs read identical (all the same color).

After installing the Racetronix injectors, the plug colors were all over the place. From dark tan to bone white. In other words, the injector flow rates
are all over the place. I'm going to replace them with Ford injectors this spring.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:10 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vette_tweak
If you're going to buy the Racetronix injectors, I'd recommend buying them matched. I bought a set from Racetronix when
one of my stock injectors internally shorted. I had used the stk injectors for 7 years and all the plugs read identical (all the same color).

After installing the Racetronix injectors, the plug colors were all over the place. From dark tan to bone white. In other words, the injector flow rates
are all over the place. I'm going to replace them with Ford injectors this spring.

hmm - I can't seem to find ford injectors at 26lbs. I was hoping to get new ones that were a little larger in case I did RRs and such. Not sure if I need to be over 24 for that... I think the LT4 uses 28lbs.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Racetronix injectors are Delphi injectors which are what C4's come with from the factory.

Please consider these injectors as a mild upgrade from stock:
http://www.racetronix.com/621020.html

These injectors work well in LT1 & LT4 cars.

Most disc injectors fall within a 3% window which is better than most non-FM Bosch pintle injectors.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 PM
LT4BUD
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Racetronix injectors are Delphi injectors which are what C4's come with from the factory.

Most disc injectors fall within a 3% window which is better than most non-FM Bosch pintle injectors.

1) Are these injectors being clearanced as in discountinued or just a sale price??

2)Are those prices US$ or Canadian$???

Old 02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LT4BUD
1) Are these injectors being clearanced as in discountinued or just a sale price??

2)Are those prices US$ or Canadian$???

It is a special price from Racetronix only in USD.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:04 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

While 32lbs may be a mild increase over an LT4s stock injector...you may have been mistaken on your recommendation for my LT1 that is stock at only 24lbs... Would you mean to suggest the 26lb injectors??
Old 02-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 4REGT4
While 32lbs may be a mild increase over an LT4s stock injector...you may have been mistaken on your recommendation for my LT1 that is stock at only 24lbs... Would you mean to suggest the 26lb injectors??
24 @ 80% = 19.2
32 @ 80% = 25.6

A 33% increase is moderate. The ECM/PCM can be adjusted for a 32 just as easily as a 26. Moving from a 24 to a 26 is a waste of money unless you must replace your factory injectors and you have no intention of making any major HP upgrades.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

24 @ 80% = 19.2
32 @ 80% = 25.6

A 33% increase is moderate. The ECM/PCM can be adjusted for a 32 just as easily as a 26. Moving from a 24 to a 26 is a waste of money unless you must replace your factory injectors and you have no intention of making any major HP upgrades.
Ok - that makes sense. But I am looking at the exchange initially as something good to do with 84k miles on the engine (less than 3k from me). In other words peace of mind. And unless I take the engine out and rebuild it - the farthest I may go is RRs and the common mods that go with that set-up. So I must now ask - With a tuned PCM to either the 32lb or 26lb on a near stock motor - what are the benefits/drawback of going with the 32lbs (fuel economy/performance gains or losses). Sorry if my questions seem juvenile, but all my experience with cars is based on pre-computer carb engines (all being Ferraris). Thank you for your help.

Get notified of new replies

To What is my injector size?? - Are Racetronix good injectors??

Quick Reply: What is my injector size?? - Are Racetronix good injectors??