C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Climate control probs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
jack the stripper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control probs...

air does not blow out of vents, it just kind of gently wafts out. no matter wether it's heat or ac.... whats wrong with my climate controls? BTW, the faster i go (ie. on the highway), the more it blows, but still not what it should be doing. also, if set to heat, hot air comes out; if set to ac, cold air... is my fan or whatever blown out? thanks.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 PM
all4c4lt4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year is your car? Are the climate controls manual or electronic?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:06 AM
jack the stripper
Instructor

I have an 89 coupe, and the controls are electric. By that i mean that you can set the specific temp. (ie. 78 degrees...) and to what blowing strength. Or you can set it to auto, where the car decides how strong it wants to blow. I hope this sheds some light on my situation. I appreciate the reply and hope somebody can tell me whats up.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 AM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

This might seem like a stupid question but does your cruise control work?? When I bought my car the AC only blew out the defrost and floor vents and the cruise did not work. Turned out to be a t-fitting with a check valve in it. It is located on the passanger side under the fuel rail cover ( yours might be different I have an LT1) right on the intake manifold. $6 piece of plastic had rotted away from all the heat. Turns out the T splits off to run both functions
Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 AM
jack the stripper
Instructor

Hey pilot, come to think of it my cruise control doesn't work very well (it constantly speeds up and slows down, even on flat roads). maybe i have the same problem as you did. hopefully it is that simple of a fix. thanks for the info.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:34 PM
corvette-pilot
Le Mans Master

This is what mine looks like. You have a different engine but I suspect it is in the same area?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Tom Piper
Safety Car

I think the vacuum check valve problem was on the '92 and up LT1.

A common problem with all AC systems is the evaporator coil inside the air handler becomes plugged with debris.
The evaporator becomes wet when the AC is on and causes all the particles going through it to stick to the surface and create a black goo that eventually decreases air flow.
Some have taken the blower motor out and used a spray cleaner to dissolve some of it. Others have taken the complete housing apart to clean it.

Tom Piper

Get notified of new replies

To Climate control probs...

Quick Reply: Climate control probs...