C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Turn Signals Inop

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:31 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signals Inop

The turn signals on my '89 do not work.

The lights work when I turn on the hazard light.

When the turn signal lever is pressed either left or right they do not work, if the brake pedal is depressed and the turn signal lever is moved either left or right, the brake lights on that side go out, put level back into the natural the brake lights come back on.

Any one have any ideas on where to look or what to replace.

Thanks

vettmike
Old 03-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

If you turn the ignition to run (don't start the engine) and place the transmission shifter in reverse, do the rear backup lights come on?

If not, open the passenger side door and look at the fuse panel. Check if the Turn/BU 15 amp fuse is blown.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:55 AM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Back-up lights do not work, figured it was the switch on the trans. The car is in the trailer, I will get it out this coming weekend and check the fuse.

Thanks

mike
Old 03-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Rick86
Burning Brakes

The grounds on the turn signals are known to go bad. When the turnsignals stop working on my car I just wiggle the connection at the turnsignal bulb and they usually start working again. Hazzards use a different ground that is why they will work and the turn signals don't.

Does the turn signal arrow on the dash just light up and not flash? If so you probably have a bad ground at the turnsignal like I suggested. Good Luck.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:20 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rick86
The grounds on the turn signals are known to go bad. When the turnsignals stop working on my car I just wiggle the connection at the turnsignal bulb and they usually start working again. Hazzards use a different ground that is why they will work and the turn signals don't.

Does the turn signal arrow on the dash just light up and not flash? If so you probably have a bad ground at the turnsignal like I suggested. Good Luck.
The turn signal indication on the dash came on and didn't blink, I chabge the bulb and now I get no indication on the dash at all. I will get the car out of the trailer this weekend and check the fuses and grounds.

Mike
Old 03-18-2006, 07:02 PM
vettmike
Burning Brakes

Got the car out of the trailer today, changed the blown fuse and turn signals and backup lights work great.

Thanks guys for the help.

Also installed the horn I got from vette2vette, now everything work on this car.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signals Inop

Quick Reply: Turn Signals Inop