C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What is the spark plug wire order from the Opti?

Old 03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What is the spark plug wire order from the Opti?

I've been having a problem with my right side O2 since I got the car... I'm about to go and replace it again, but there it one more thing I;ve remembered that I would like to check on... The first thing I did when I got the car was replace all the plug wires/ plugs / cap /rotor etc.... Anyway - I kept really good track of the wires when I replaced them - so I know that I put them in the same order as they were... However - During a later visit to the Chevy dealer they told me that the right side were in the wrong order and I assume they changed something... Though I didn't notice much change from how it was before... Of course it is possible that the plug wires were on in the wrong order when I got the car, but if I could have a definitive list of where the wires should go I can check up on it.... - - - I have no faith in the Chevy dealer... - - (Thankfully this is the right side.... Drivers side was a real pain...)
Old 03-10-2006, 11:07 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

I'm still searching for this answer... Any help would be appreciated..
Old 03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 4REGT4
I'm still searching for this answer... Any help would be appreciated..
If nobody answers before then I'll check when I get home later and post...
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 AM
DougSilver
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to believe that the car would even run if spark plug wires from the opti were installed to the wrong plug. Could they just have been commenting on the "routing" of the wires rather than the actual hook-ups? Maybe the routing caused wires to be touching each other more than necessary and they merely re-routed them?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
If nobody answers before then I'll check when I get home later and post...

Ok thanks... I still can't find what I am looking for through google or this forum....
Old 03-10-2006, 11:46 AM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DougSilver
It's hard to believe that the car would even run if spark plug wires from the opti were installed to the wrong plug. Could they just have been commenting on the "routing" of the wires rather than the actual hook-ups? Maybe the routing caused wires to be touching each other more than necessary and they merely re-routed them?

Well.... the plugs were all in looms not touching each other... I'm not sure how it would run with a switched wire....
Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

R/top 4,6,8,2

L/top 5,3,7,1
Old 03-10-2006, 12:55 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STL94LT1
R/top 4,6,8,2

L/top 5,3,7,1
Thanks - they check out good. But was almost hoping they weren't.... that would have been an easy fix...
Old 03-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

4REGT4 you still don't have the right rich issue worked out yet?Have you checked the injectors yet?Did you OHM them?You may have one sticking open.I can't remember all you have done so how about a refresher?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,384 Likes on 917 Posts

The engine would run like crap with two wires crossed (likely with backfiring, too). It would have run like the roughest 6-cylinder engine you ever saw. If it ran reasonably smoothly, and with decent power, forget about having had crossed wires.

Be well,

SJW
Old 03-10-2006, 05:49 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SJW
The engine would run like crap with two wires crossed (likely with backfiring, too). It would have run like the roughest 6-cylinder engine you ever saw. If it ran reasonably smoothly, and with decent power, forget about having had crossed wires.

Be well,

SJW
I would have assumed this, but the Chevy Dealer claims they were wrong... The car ran great after I did my wires.... so I don't know what they think they did different...

As for the above..I had ohm'd them and my results were poted in another recent thread (I have a TTS Datamaster file posted in a coupel of threads too) - - just got back home and am going to put a new O2 sensor in and run Datamaster to see how much that fixes.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:33 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To What is the spark plug wire order from the Opti?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the spark plug wire order from the Opti?