C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

AC Delete pulley for Vettes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:46 PM
siggy_freud
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Delete pulley for Vettes?

Howdy. My roomate has an 85 Corvette and we are trying to find an AC delete pulley. He has the smog delete installed and would like to remove the AC lines and system from the car. The chip has already been programmed accordingly, but really he wants some more free room in there. Does anyone make a kit for the vettes? I have seen some for Thirdgens but nothing specific for the vette. Has anyone adapted a thirdgen pulley to their vette? If so, howd you do it?

Thanks,

Dylan.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:59 PM
VanSpeed
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Dylan,

I used the AC delete pulley for a 3rd generation Camaro on my 85 Corvette. It works just fine. The only modification was to make a spacer for the middle bolt because this bolt hole on the AC delete pulley bracket is shorter than the opening in the Corvette AC mounting bracket. Otherwise it is a straight bolt in. I purchased the AC delete pulley on ebay from a company caller Camaro Heaven. They are also available through Chevy, I do not recall the GM part number.

Brian

Quick Reply: AC Delete pulley for Vettes?