C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

fuel system is finished.. :) almost..

Old 07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default fuel system is finished.. :) almost..

Well, the new A1000 install and fuel pump controller is finished finally.. I redesigned the fuel rails so that the regulator is at the end of both rail exits so pressure hits the injectors before it is returned.. the other way was working fine, but I figured while I was waiting on other parts, might as well get rid of that incase fuel became a problem down the road once the new cam and went in and I ported the heads and intake and upgraded the compressor wheel to the 81mm new tech wheel.

last thing to do now is fabricate a new tank plate, there are too many holes from the previous twin intank walbro setup for me to be happy with so tomorrow I will grab some steel plate and fab it up and bolt it down along with the new return through hole bulkhead fitting and she is ready to drive again.. finally this fuel system fiasco is over and I can get back to tuning with enough fuel to take the current setup to its limits!

sigh...lol

Chris
Old 07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah one more thing.. found a crack in my drivers side SLP header.. just around the AIR bung.. may have been there prior to installing.. it is not noticeable at all when cool, but I noticed a flash of light while investigating for leaks on the fuel rail welds and after further inspection and a few revs of the engine saw the exhaust flame traveling through the primary..lol so I will slip a tig bead across it to seal it back up but this would also contribute to a spool issue I would assume.. these are not 304SS but 409SS it appears to be a thin spot in the tube near where the AIR bung was welded in.. I will reinforced then back out on the street for some street vids for you guys and some track times and new dyno numbers on 23psi and C16!

Chris
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris
looking good man. Those shorty header won't last long before it will cracks again. As you say, the wall is very thin. I now use factory manifold for mine. Got rid of the shorty on mine.

Bruce

Get notified of new replies

To fuel system is finished.. :) almost..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel system is finished.. :) almost..