C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

cd stuck in radio!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 04:28 PM
jackyy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd stuck in radio!

a cd is stuck in my radio..'91 vette...original radio....it seems like it trys to eject when i press the eject buttom but then just goes on to say err
pleeze help
thanx
Old 09-10-2001, 06:55 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Default Re: cd stuck in radio! (jackyy)

Be very careful and try sticking something in the slot to help out the cd when you press eject and it should free it up. Use something thin, like a nail file, but be careful not to scratch your cd. My friend had this happen in his 95. He also tried pushing it in with another cd. I am not sure which one worked, but try those out. Good luck. :cheers:
Old 09-10-2001, 08:57 PM
Hi-yo-Silver
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My cd was stuck too, until I held in the eject button in for 15-20 sec. then it came out! :mad
Old 09-10-2001, 09:21 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: cd stuck in radio! (Jims 93Ruby)

Does your radio or tape player work whil eit is stuck?

I find mine gets stuck all the time! It is temp related for me, if it is 85* out, with the car sitting in the sun, it will play and eject the CD. If I leave the CD in the radio and it is under 85 out, I cant get the CD out, I cant listen to anything but the CD trying to track, and it SUCKS! I get a buzz and a beeping sound.

Thats why I picked up an entire system to get rid of the bose junk! Just need some time to install it.
Old 09-10-2001, 09:31 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

There is a rubber bumper inside the unit that assists the CD in ejecting. In hot weather, when the inside temps get very high this piece melts and adheres to the CD. Dissassembly is the only safe way to unstick and remove the CD. Pulling it out risks tearing the bumper and further damaging the unit. It is strongly reccomended that you never leave a CD in the unit in the summer because of this problem. Take the time to open the case and gently free the disk from the bumpr. :mad
Old 09-10-2001, 10:26 PM
jackyy
Instructor

damn i dont want to take it apart
thanx
Old 09-10-2001, 11:09 PM
CowboyNVette
Le Mans Master

Is it one of those self made CDs' with the stick on labels? I did one like that and it got stuck also. I used a sharp pointed knife and while the player was trying to eject the CD i pryed from the bottom side of the cd till I could get enough of it out to grab it with some needle nose pliers. Its not easy so be careful, I didn't care if I messed the CD up.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:32 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: cd stuck in radio! (CowboyNVette)

Had a similar problem with mine till I trashed the BOSE. It seemed to be easier to eject it if you try it with the car off. The CD will eject (at least it did on mine) if the car was off. When it was on it just keeping loading and unloading and getting stuck a 1/4 of the way. Hope this helps. BTW, if you're having trouble with it now, you should probably prepare to get a new system as it will only get worse!
Old 09-10-2001, 11:36 PM
jackyy
Instructor

Default Re: cd stuck in radio! (R94 LT 1)

actually its a regular cd that i bought...i tryed right now with the car off and it still didnt come out...it tryed with the knife but didnt try too hard as i didnt want to damage the radio
thanx
Old 09-10-2001, 11:55 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Turn ignition on. Leave radio off and push eject. This has worked for me in the past.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:01 AM
jackyy
Instructor

Default Re: cd stuck in radio! (southern_son)

im going to try that in a few..
thanx
Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 PM
sticks5a
2nd Gear

It worked for Me! disconnected the Battery for 10 to 30 seconds and it resets everything in the car ,you loose your ststion pre sets but that's a minor thing. I got in my 95 Corvette pressed Eject and out she came! YEAH! But see mine did not even try to come out it was like no power for the Eject Button at all, it made no sounds as if to try to come out at all ! Hope this may Help someone!

Get notified of new replies

To cd stuck in radio!

Quick Reply: cd stuck in radio!