C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ABS wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:48 AM
eaglebusman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS wiring

I'm trying to install a 1992 ABS system in my C2/Newman frame project. I bought what is supposed to be the ABS & ecu along with the harness. There only appear to be 3 sensor wires in the harness. Does anyone have any ideas and know where I can find a wiring diagram? Thanks,Hal
Old 09-10-2006, 01:27 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

wow... may I suggest, if you are out to install ABS, pick a different year?

You see, the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) on that vintage adds the ASR (traction control) functions. As such, the EBCM requires CCM (Central Control Module) input (RPMs and vehicle speeds) so it can control the ASR.

1990-1991 had the EBCM, still integrated with the CCM.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way of deprogramming the EBCM of it's requirement to see the CCM. In short, the EBCM would throw a code and never run right.

As it stands, your best bet is to get the ABS computer and harnesses from a 1988 or 1989 setup, or, whatever year the suspension comes from.

All of this is moot if you have the ECM and CCM from a 1992.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:31 PM
eaglebusman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am installing a LS motor with its ECM with DBW so will have a VSS installed. What exactly is the CCM? Thanks,Hal

Get notified of new replies

To ABS wiring

Quick Reply: ABS wiring