C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vacuum hose for heater ?? routing?

Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
chillcat
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum hose for heater ?? routing?

I have a problem with my heater vacuum hose, the **** on the controller "inside" moves left to right "Very Freely" No resistance like it used to, I'm not sure if a hose came loose behind the controller or around the blower motor area. I tried following the vac hose from the adjuster (on heaterhose going into firewall) and it does work fine and blows hot, just not getting any vacuum. I did look in my FSM, but it doesn't have anything for heater vacuum routing. Anyone know where the hose from "Inside" runs directly to, is it a check valve of some kind?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 AM
rons85
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say the "****" on the controller moves very freely - Which "****" - the top one (selector) or bottom one (temperature)?

The top one (slider) just moves a vacuum switch, it should be pretty easy to slide anyhow - all the time. You should be able to hear vacuum "hissing" when you move it to various positions with the motor running. That vacuum switch controls the various doors that direct airflow out the dash vents, heater vents or defroster vents. The Source of vacuum for this is a line coming back through the firewall at the outside lower corner of the evaporator housing.

The lower one (slider) moves a Cable that connects to the temp mixing door, controlling how much hot air is mixed in with cold air and allowed into the ductwork. If That slider moves freely then the cable is either broken or disconnected.

You need to look in your Helms book again - it'a all detailed in there pretty well.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:32 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Try my FSM, it shows vacuum routing.
http://members.shaw.ca/dankai/Air%20...0%20Manual.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum hose for heater ?? routing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vacuum hose for heater ?? routing?