C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:31 AM
88espo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

I have been having issues with my car and can't scan it. I have a moates cable and tuner rt program. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong! I live in Bergen County NJ and would travel for help. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:44 PM
nickyg
Instructor

Originally Posted by 88espo
I have been having issues with my car and can't scan it. I have a moates cable and tuner rt program. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong! I live in Bergen County NJ and would travel for help. Thanks in advance for any help.
Since you have the cable and Tunerpro RT, you need to download 2 files. First you must identify your ECM and download and save the definition (.bin) file for it. Second, you need to download the .xdf file for the program to communicate from the ECM to the computer. I just did this recently and it hooked up just fine. You can download definitions at http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/downloadBinDefs.htm
You'll also notice at the bottom of the page links to more defs. Try them also as you're sure to find the correct one.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
88espo
Instructor

Thank you for your help. Do you have any idea which file I'm looking for?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:35 PM
nickyg
Instructor

Originally Posted by 88espo
Thank you for your help. Do you have any idea which file I'm looking for?
Since your car is an 88, if you click on the link, the 4th line down from the top will have the definition file(bin) and the ALDL definition file(xdf). You can download them either into the bin folder in RT, or on your desktop. After you do that, start Tunerpro RT. On the top click XDF then choose "Select XDF". Find where you pot the XDF from your download and select it then click open- it will then load. Next-click on Tools, then ALDL/DATALOGGING, then Setup. At the top left is where you can load the definition file you downloaded. Once done, hook up to car, turn key on and do not start. Then start your datalogging by hitting the connect button. Hope this works.

Get notified of new replies

To Help!!!

Quick Reply: Help!!!