C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'95 OBDI & O2 Sensors...??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Default '95 OBDI & O2 Sensors...??

The '95 has three O2 sensors...all 4 wire, AFS-75. But doesn't the ECM ony use two O2 sensors so one of these is not needed? I was going to replace the O2's since I have both cats out...actually thinking about replacing the cats also....so I really only need to get two O2 sensors???

And on the subject of O2 sensors....is it best to stick with OEM or are the Borg-Warner sensors just as good? I have heard before that the voltage step sizes are different...but is it?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LannyL81
The '95 has three O2 sensors...all 4 wire, AFS-75. But doesn't the ECM ony use two O2 sensors so one of these is not needed? I was going to replace the O2's since I have both cats out...actually thinking about replacing the cats also....so I really only need to get two O2 sensors???
Yes, the rear sensor is the one you don't need.

And on the subject of O2 sensors....is it best to stick with OEM or are the Borg-Warner sensors just as good? I have heard before that the voltage step sizes are different...but is it?

Thanks
I wouldn't think there is a lot of difference between the brands, but I have not had to deal with them.

Quick Reply: '95 OBDI & O2 Sensors...??