C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

New Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 05:27 PM
90rdstr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Stereo Install

I just finished replacing the Bose system in my 90 convertible and have a question about how to hook up the power antenna to the new head unit. The antenna harness(three wires-white, green,beige) is tied into the Bose system. Do I cut the harness at the antenna and wire it directly to the new head unit? Which wire goes to the head unit? What do I do with the other two wires? Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:30 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Huh? I thought the antenna was a single pink on/off wire?
Old 10-14-2001, 06:28 PM
tempest
Burning Brakes

Default Re: New Stereo Install (90rdstr)

my 92 has a single pink wire that switches the antenna up/down. the wire is on the black 6-pin connector on the radio receiver, not the head unit. (again, this is a 92, not sure of your 90). my receiver is a separate silver box located (buried, i should say) in the passenger side IP.

if you did a swap of the head unit with another bose you should not have to do anything special though.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:35 PM
tempest
Burning Brakes

Default Re: New Stereo Install (90rdstr)

btw, i am guessing the three wires you may be referring to are the wires coming from the antenna motor. (except my 92 has white, green, and GREY wires) the wires connect to a relay that is located under the rear trim. also, the pink wire i mentioned is routed from the receiver to this relay.

if it is a stock-stock swap, try it out and it should work without doing anything special. good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To New Stereo Install

Quick Reply: New Stereo Install