C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 to Lt4 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 10:02 AM
ered95
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 to Lt4 upgrade

I would like to hear from some people who have installed this upgrade or just the Hotcam kit and what their opinions are. Is it worth a couple grand for the conversion? Is the Hotcam kit more bang for the buck? :flag
Old 10-18-2001, 10:36 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: LT1 to Lt4 upgrade (ered95)

The hot cam is some good bang for the buck. I didn't actually buy the kit but I did install crane 1.6 rr's and double valve springs, new pro magnum lifters just because I was into it.

I don't know how much an LT4 conversion would cost but you could easily outperform one with a hot cam and some good heads. I've still got stock heads and picked up 44 hp with the cam. My gut feeling is that you could outperform a STOCK LT4 for less money than it would cost to convert, unless you can come up with a very good deal. I feel confident I could easily pick up another 50 hp with some GOOD heads and headers.

Below is a link to my before/after dyno graphs. As you can see I didn't have to give up any low end torque.
http://24.17.202.123/htmls/dyno_corvette.html

Quick Reply: LT1 to Lt4 upgrade