C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'90, High Oil Pressure?

Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
vettetown
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '90, High Oil Pressure?

Every morning when I start my car up to go to work I notice the oil pressure sits near the 80 mark which is the high of the oil pressure meter. I let the car run for about 5 minutes before I take off but for the first I would say 10-15 minute drive the car is very very jumpy like it lunges a little bit because the oil pressure is high. Each time I barely touch the pedal the car just acts funny like very sensitive. Sometimes if I drive very aggressive first thing when I leave the drive way the oil pressure will shoot past the 80 mark all the way to the right. But after the 15 minute mark things smooth out and get back to normal status down I would say in the 40-50 mark.

Does anybody have any suggestions on this? I don't remember having this problem until after I changed the oil filter and oil about 2 months ago.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Sending unit going wacko.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 PM
vettetown
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more info on what that sending unit is? Perhaps a part# where I can find a replacement?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:06 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vettetown
Any more info on what that sending unit is? Perhaps a part# where I can find a replacement?
It's a gold colored, bulb shaped gizmo with a single male prong at the extreme rear of the engine, just to the driver's side of the distributor close to the firewall.

Be sure to get only an AC Delco replacement; other ones may not be calibrated correctly.

You'll probably have to pull the distributor to change it though; awfully tight back there.

Jake

Get notified of new replies

To '90, High Oil Pressure?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '90, High Oil Pressure?