C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cooling fan always on! Help with sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Curtis85Vette
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fan always on! Help with sensor.

Okay now I have the sensor and the connector. But I cannot find where the wire starts that leads to the sensor. The sensor is the one that controls the fan(when it comes on and off). Sensor is located in the front of the motor. As a result of the sensor not being connected the fan is always running! I just got this car for $3000 and it does start! I swear

Here are some pictures:
http://geocities.com/ebaygfc/sensorhelp.JPG
http://geocities.com/ebaygfc/maybeher.JPG

There is one loose wire kinda just hanging out of the fuel injectors wiring harness. Could this be the wire that goes to the sensor? The replacement connector that I was given has 2 wires though. Does the connector maybe tie into the fan relay wires???

I need help!

1985 Chev Corvette, L98, 4+3, paint crap, dash doesn't work, interior nasty, weatherstripping all rotted, BUT IT RUNS STRONG!

P.S. I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM SO SHOUT OUTS TO EVERYONE. AND THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANY HELP.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

It should have a steady Check Engine Light too - the leads are Yellow and Black. Black or the ground side is shared with the TPS and Manifold Air Temp Sensor (below the Plenum) and some are wrapped up with the Injector harness. With the wiring disconnected, it's on backup as the ECM interprets that temperature as -32 degrees, hence the Check Engine Light and the fan should be running. After you fix it, clear the Code by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. If there are others, retrieve and post them.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

On the right side valve cover, along the top (where the cover meets the head) of the cover is a black plastic rectangular guide the length of the valve cover. At the front of the guide, two pairs of wires emerge into two coiled plastic wire guides. One goes to the mass air flow sensor and the other goes to the engine temperature sensor. The long plastic guide is above the guide for the injector wires.

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling fan always on! Help with sensor.

Quick Reply: Cooling fan always on! Help with sensor.