C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Speedometer cutting in and out

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:58 AM
American1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer cutting in and out

Have had my 1995 C-4 for a couple weeks. Initially noticed a few segments in Speedometer LCD readout were missing and is was hard to read speedometer at certain speeds. (for example an 8 looked like a 3).
The other day when driving on the highway noticed speedometer readout and related info, average mile per gallon, fuel gage, actually cutting in and out (going blank) from either highway speed or bumps.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what I could do to fix it?

Thanks for all replies!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

i think you should try to remove it,check for dirty contacts,try to remove all the dust over there and put it on again,cruise for one day or two and if it keeps reading like that...i think you should buy a remanufactured one on ebay.-
You can find parts or the whole thing ..just do a search by " Corvette digital cluster"
Good Luck !
Old 09-02-2007, 02:21 PM
trackman44
Instructor

Also check wiring harness to speedo on transmission for bare wires touching ground or opens. Spray contact cleaner on connectors at both ends of harness ( transmission end and dash console end).
Old 09-05-2007, 05:42 AM
American1
Cruising

Originally Posted by Calderone
i think you should try to remove it,check for dirty contacts,try to remove all the dust over there and put it on again,cruise for one day or two and if it keeps reading like that...i think you should buy a remanufactured one on ebay.-
You can find parts or the whole thing ..just do a search by " Corvette digital cluster"
Good Luck !
Calderone I should remove the Digital Instrument Cluster right and clean the contacts behind it? Sorry so late getting back with you!

Get notified of new replies

To Speedometer cutting in and out

Quick Reply: Speedometer cutting in and out