C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Liquid Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:03 PM
VolMan
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Liquid Clay Bar

Has anyone used liquid clay bar? Please forward your impression of your results as I would be interested to learn more.

I bought a standard kit from the same company as my wax, forget the name but its the maroon box. Came with a clay bar kit, some spray wax, and a bottle pre-wax (I believe).

When I opened the maroon clay bar box, all I saw were two thin clay bars. Kinda like the size of old shower soap bars before you throw it out. Very thin IMO, that could not be enough to do my Vette - would it???

I have some gray, brownish spots all over the hood of my black 95 LT1 coupe. It is smooth to the touch. Hoping the clay bar takes care of that. Also, some speckles on my driver side mirrior, hope it helps that too.

Just wondering if the liquid clay bar works better and is of lower risk than real clay bar.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's liquid, how could it be called a bar? McGuires' is pretty thin, but it seems to work.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Slalom4me
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Have a look at the Car Care Discussion section of the forum.

There are some knowledgeable folks there who will be able to help with
questions about clay bars and other exterior care products & techniques.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

The liquid clay bar is a nothing compared to a real clay bar. I tried it on my truck first then used a bar over the same spot, you could notice a big difference. I use the Mcguire's clay bar now and have gone over the vette twice with one bar.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:56 AM
sstruck383
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VolMan
Has anyone used liquid clay bar? Please forward your impression of your results as I would be interested to learn more.

I bought a standard kit from the same company as my wax, forget the name but its the maroon box. Came with a clay bar kit, some spray wax, and a bottle pre-wax (I believe).

When I opened the maroon clay bar box, all I saw were two thin clay bars. Kinda like the size of old shower soap bars before you throw it out. Very thin IMO, that could not be enough to do my Vette - would it???

I have some gray, brownish spots all over the hood of my black 95 LT1 coupe. It is smooth to the touch. Hoping the clay bar takes care of that. Also, some speckles on my driver side mirrior, hope it helps that too.

Just wondering if the liquid clay bar works better and is of lower risk than real clay bar.

Thanks.
Maroon box sounds like Meguiar's clay bar kit. It does a great job. I have it and those two bars have lasted me through about 4 cars and 2 trucks so far. Great stuff.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

The clay bar last for a long time...when you use it you spray on the quick detailer and rub a small area with the bar...the bar will pick up all kinds of dirt and crap...fold the bar over on itself and keep on going..keep folding it over and over to get a fresh spot...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

The Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar is a waste of money. Don't bother.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:51 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by onedef92
The Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar is a waste of money. Don't bother.
I agree. It works a little, but you can't tell when its finished like you can with a real clay bar.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Vett-eight-nine
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried some the other day.

Not bad if the paint is fairly clean to begin with. The Ice "wax" is interesting, No need to worry about getting it on plastic trim and making a mess because it doesn't haze.

I don't know about durability though...

Get notified of new replies

To Liquid Clay Bar

Quick Reply: Liquid Clay Bar