C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 Intake Porting

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Jeff M
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Intake Porting

I know this has been addressed in the past my apologies for the repeat. What if any areas should be touched up when porting an LT1 intake. My car is a 92, engine this intake is going to be mounted on is going to be a 401 CID stroker with TPIS/AFR 190 heads, CC 230/236 cam, 53mm throttle body, and TPIS long tube headers. Appreciate any suggestions,

jeff
Old 09-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Ramrod92
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Can't help you with the porting, but I would suggest you go with the later intake that has the front fuelrail crossover. You can use one from a camaro/firebird, but the fuelrails will be the problem. The F-bodys feed in from the drivers side while the vettes come up on the passenger side.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Jeff M
Pro

Confused me a little at first until I saw where I might have caused the confusion. The 401 is going to be an LT1, I'm going to reuse my same intake just looking for porting suggestions. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Ramrod92
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I'm not sure you understand what I'm trying to say. Here are two different versions of the LT1 intake. The first one is from a 92-93 and the second is from the 94 and up. You can see the groove just behind the throttle body for the front fuelrail cross over on the later version. The front crossover helps balance the fuel pressure. You can still use your 92 fuelrails on a later intake, but you can't use the later fuelrails on the early one. Here's a pic of the later F-body fuelrails. You can see the front cross over and the fact that the feed comes from the drivers side. Here's my 92 396 LT1 with a later intake installed.

Get notified of new replies

To LT1 Intake Porting

Quick Reply: LT1 Intake Porting