C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HELP with new Radiator

Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
ubnpast
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP with new Radiator

I just bought this last week, I see it has connections for an auto trans, but I have a lt4 6 speed.
Does my stock radiator have these 2 connections also? Does my stock radiator have caps to cap off these 2 things?

If my stock radiator has caps, I am assuming I take out these blue plugs before I put the caps on?

Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
BerniesVette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The caps are just keep trash out of the core inside your radiator for the auto tranny until the lines are connected. You can leave them in the new one but nothing will leak if they arn't installed. It is like a small core within a large core.
Bernie
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 AM
ubnpast
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BerniesVette
You can leave them in the new one but nothing will leak if they arn't installed. It is like a small core within a large core.
Bernie
So I can leave these things in the way they are, and even though i have a 6 speed I do not neet to cap these off because they are not going to leak?
Its kind of odd that they wouldnt be connected to the radiator itself..
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 AM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Your factory radiator did not have a trans cooler and therefore no cooler connections. Almost no one in the radiator business makes, stocks, and inventories two radiators where one will do. All replacement radiators come with the trans cooler and will work for both the manual and automatic applications. You just don't connect what you don't have. The trans cooler is a liquid to liquid cooler. The trans fluid remains separate from the engine coolant. plugged or unplugged, nothing will leak from those connections you won't be using.

RACE ON!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
ubnpast
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys for the replies, I got done about an hour ago and everything seems good with no leaks after I took it for a ride.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP with new Radiator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP with new Radiator