C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

re- flash '94 for fan cut in

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:12 PM
steve mulherin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default re- flash '94 for fan cut in

I want to re-flash to have my fans cut in at a lower tempature. I have no interest in changing anything else so I hate to buy a programer. I haven't found a local garage that has the LT1 program (central Virginia). Any recomendations? Also, what should a re-flash for the fans cost?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by steve mulherin
I want to re-flash to have my fans cut in at a lower tempature. I have no interest in changing anything else so I hate to buy a programer. I haven't found a local garage that has the LT1 program (central Virginia). Any recomendations? Also, what should a re-flash for the fans cost?
Post in the regional forum and see if anybody near you has the software and cable. As long as you take responsibility for the risk of a failed flash a fellow member should be willing to do it for free.

The other alternative is to send your PCM to a place like PCMforless or madz28. Will cost you about $75 plus shipping.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

If you get the software and a cable ill do it for free.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 AM
steve mulherin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, but I was told the software is $1,500. The other solution is buying a programer for $300.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Not even close, whoever told you that is full of sh*t. The software is more like $69 USD ( http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html ) and the definition file youll need is about $20 USD ( http://www.tunercat.com/pdfs/pcm_$ee.pdf ).

I have the software, but unless youre in Australia and want to bring the car to me, youll need the software so you can upload the .BIN file after i change the fan settings for you.

That is way cheaper than a $300 programer!!

Get notified of new replies

To re- flash '94 for fan cut in

Quick Reply: re- flash '94 for fan cut in