C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Can anyone help me with some advice on this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 AM
SupaVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyone help me with some advice on this?

Hi guys

I have a problem that has me puzzeld at the moment, and i was hoping that you more experienced tuners good give me some advise.

Here's whats under the hood. 383 With edelbrock LT1 heads, ported. 1.6 and 1.65 roller rockers, Vortech race-m blower with the carrol install kit, 42# injectors, Greg's water/meth injection coming in around 5/6 psi with 20gph nozzel, Hoocker LT headers with 3" exhaust system and Crane fireball CDI with boost retard. Max boost is around 16/17 psi at 6500 rpm (on a side note, where i stay it's pretty hot all the time, and around 6000ft altitude)

I'm using a PLX R500 to data log my vette, and the problem i have is it bogs when ever i go to open up the throttle, and then takes off. What i'm see'ing on my data log is my afr drops to 10 as soon as the throttle starts opening any decent amount (eg from 40%) then after half a second (pretty much when i get to 90%) my afr comes back to around 11, 11+. At 1st i thought i had to much fuel coming in at 3000rpm, but then i noticed it does the exact same thing at 4000rpm. Could this be because i have to much fuel in my VE tables for 100kpa and it's reading them before it goes into PE mode?

My 2nd question that is also confusing me is that for 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear my afr is around 11 - 12 right up to 6500rpm (obviously except for the intial bog) however when i'm at WOT on the highway in 4th or 5th, i notice that my afr is sitting in the 10's - to low 11's. My boost is the same yet i get lower afr readings. Now the question in my mind, is which do i tune to, the quicker pulls from the lower gears, or the long duration in the higher gears?

I know i still have a lot of work to do on my tuning, but some help would really be apprieciated. I have datamaster as well, but it won't run on my vista laptop, and my older laptop that it runs on's battery is dead so i'm waiting for new battery before i can do any logs with that. My plx records knock, TP, rpm, speed, afr and psi.

Last edited by SupaVette; 10-15-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
SupaVette
Racer

No one got any idea's?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:17 PM
0AIS
Former Vendor

Location: www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com info@alcoholinjectionsystems.com Phone: 1. 801. 447. 2559

Originally Posted by SupaVette
Hi guys

I have a problem that has me puzzeld at the moment, and i was hoping that you more experienced tuners good give me some advise.

Here's whats under the hood. 383 With edelbrock LT1 heads, ported. 1.6 and 1.65 roller rockers, Vortech race-m blower with the carrol install kit, 42# injectors, Greg's water/meth injection coming in around 5/6 psi with 20gph nozzel, Hoocker LT headers with 3" exhaust system and Crane fireball CDI with boost retard. Max boost is around 16/17 psi at 6500 rpm (on a side note, where i stay it's pretty hot all the time, and around 6000ft altitude)

I'm using a PLX R500 to data log my vette, and the problem i have is it bogs when ever i go to open up the throttle, and then takes off. What i'm see'ing on my data log is my afr drops to 10 as soon as the throttle starts opening any decent amount (eg from 40%) then after half a second (pretty much when i get to 90%) my afr comes back to around 11, 11+. At 1st i thought i had to much fuel coming in at 3000rpm, but then i noticed it does the exact same thing at 4000rpm. Could this be because i have to much fuel in my VE tables for 100kpa and it's reading them before it goes into PE mode?

My 2nd question that is also confusing me is that for 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear my afr is around 11 - 12 right up to 6500rpm (obviously except for the intial bog) however when i'm at WOT on the highway in 4th or 5th, i notice that my afr is sitting in the 10's - to low 11's. My boost is the same yet i get lower afr readings. Now the question in my mind, is which do i tune to, the quicker pulls from the lower gears, or the long duration in the higher gears?

I know i still have a lot of work to do on my tuning, but some help would really be apprieciated. I have datamaster as well, but it won't run on my vista laptop, and my older laptop that it runs on's battery is dead so i'm waiting for new battery before i can do any logs with that. My plx records knock, TP, rpm, speed, afr and psi.
The number 20 gph nozzle is simply to large. You should first begin by replacing it with a number 12 GPH or smaller.

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone help me with some advice on this?

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me with some advice on this?