C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Elgin Forged Valves Any users?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:51 PM
87vetter
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Elgin Forged Valves Any users?

Elgin Industries makes Forged 21-4N Stainless Steel valves for a pretty good price, a few dollars less then the other guys.
Has anyone had good or bad experiences with them?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 397 Likes on 261 Posts

Elgins valves are manfactured by Eaton and SI. In fact all Elgin makes is boxes (to re-label other peoples stuff for a profit).

Eaton has one level. "Stock replacement" and its the lowest grade stock replacement crap money can buy. I wouldn't put them in a Briggs - end of story.

As with most all companies SI has a wide varity of quality levels, pretty much from "Stock Replacement" to "Top Fuel". All quality stuff. I have used their valves in everything from my 4.0L Jeep engine to my race car engines on occasion. Althou I prefer Ferrea if steel valves are used in the later.

21-4N material fits into SI's "Claimer Series" of valves which are about $6.00 - $10.00 each racer net. As long as it was a limited class race car or mild performance street car with less than 160lbs on the seat & 400lbs open of valve spring pressure turning less than 6500rpm, you would be fine IMO.

But buying a re-boxed prouduct espc from Elgin is an accident waiting to happen - they might be the good SI valves but they may not. Why risk it? Just buy direct, they will sell to anyone.

http://www.sivalves.com/dealerinfo.html

Will
Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm using them, no complaints and the price was decent.

Get notified of new replies

To Elgin Forged Valves Any users?

Quick Reply: Elgin Forged Valves Any users?