C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

think i got hosed on some used window regulators...w/pics...help?

Old 02-14-2008, 09:16 PM
C4Ownr24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default think i got hosed on some used window regulators...w/pics...help?

So I picked up 2 used regulators on ebay for $125, to do the conversion on my 85. What a steal, right? Take a look.

Aren't they missing something? IE the other rail and the part that actually holds the glass to the regulator? Does anyone know where I can get that stuff individually? Ugh.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I just bought a set from ebay, too. Maybe I should have done some homework.
Are these from Texas ??
Here is a pic of the set I bought. Now I can compare them at one glance.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:57 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Maybe some pics from Kevin's great writeup, will help both of us see what we got.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

I can see I'm missing parts.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't opened mine up, but I purchased new, as I didn't want to have to do this job twice, in case a used one failed. Here is a picture of a new regulator:

Now I understand your post in the used section.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:16 AM
bczee
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

out of subject a bit.. but I have a problem with my regulator (88' non ribbon type).. the motor and gear do move. But it doesn't move the arms to raise the window ! .. I am wondering what is missing or broken.. can one of you take a picture of the area that the gear attaches and moves the arms ?

thanks.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Dads86
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Ebay regulators arrived yesterday....missing those same parts making them useless. Do not buy C4 regulators from this guy: txvetteparts
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Well, best price I found for new ones was through Corvette Central...$ 279 per side, new GM regulators and motors. Wasn't cheap, but a lot better than the $ 379 most other Corvette places are charging. BTW...I did get a quote from Vette2Vette for used regulators...they want $ 85 (I think) per side. I'd suggest that all of you contact Vette2Vette and see if they can hook you all up with the misc. parts you all are missing from your regulators. I am sure they have bad regulators there that they can strip the parts you all need off of.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dads86
My Ebay regulators arrived yesterday....missing those same parts making them useless. Do not buy C4 regulators from this guy: txvetteparts
Tooooooo late
I emailed him this morning, no reply yet.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Originally Posted by QuikZilver
Well, best price I found for new ones was through Corvette Central...$ 279 per side, new GM regulators and motors. Wasn't cheap, but a lot better than the $ 379 most other Corvette places are charging. BTW...I did get a quote from Vette2Vette for used regulators...they want $ 85 (I think) per side. I'd suggest that all of you contact Vette2Vette and see if they can hook you all up with the misc. parts you all are missing from your regulators. I am sure they have bad regulators there that they can strip the parts you all need off of.
Should have looked at ebay, thepartsladi sells new GM for $215

http://cgi.ebay.ca/84-85-86-87-88-89...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
bczee
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be the bad guy or anythng.... and not that I haven't been burned by a eBay sale.. (cause I have)..

Lets take a look at what you are doing and what was for sale.. from the sound of your post.. your are updating and coverting from the older style ribbon regulator to the newer style Regulator which is ok..

The ebay seller is selling replacement regulator.. I don't think he is selling a conversion kit.. but, it can be used to convert to the new style regulator ! As a replacement regulator or part, you would already have the require part to install what is being sold. !

Got to to know what you are buying..

Last edited by bczee; 02-15-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:44 PM
tachout
Racer

Also if looking for used parts, I have had some luck with Vette2Vette.net. They are a used Corvette Parts place (I think he buys wrecked vettes or something). Prices seemed ok on the items I got, and now I am after some other parts, and am going to compare his prices to the other prices I find. Fair Guy though. You can call him at:

Jason
815-673-6200

Or E-Mail

parts@vette2vette.net
Old 02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bczee
Not to be the bad guy or anythng.... and not that I haven't been burned by a eBay sale.. (cause I have)..

Lets take a look at what you are doing and what was for sale.. from the sound of your post.. your are updating and coverting from the older style ribbon regulator to the newer style Regulator which is ok..

The ebay seller is selling replacement regulator.. I don't think he is selling a conversion kit.. but, it can be used to convert to the new style regulator ! As a replacement regulator or part, you would already have the require part to install what is being sold. !

To do the conversion, all that is needed are the newer window regulators...there is no conversion kit. Just have to take out the old regulators and bolt in the new ones (passenger side, you reverse the wiring to the motor). The problem is, this seller isn't sending all of the parts that comprise of the window regulator. From the pictures, he is not including the window channel part of the regulator. If you are going to sell something as a replacement, you should include all of the parts that a replacement should have.

As for thepartsladi, when I ordered my regulators, I had just ordered a couple of other parts from thepartsladi on eBay...but they were cheaper parts. I had never dealt with them before, so I figured I would go with Corvette Central for the regulators...that and it was a BUNCH of parts I ordered from Corvette Central...was just easier to do. But, now that I have dealt with thepartsladi, I would recommend that vendor on eBay. The parts I purchased were packed correctly and shipped quickly...in case anyone else is thinking of buying from thepartsladi.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 PM
C4Ownr24
Racer

ha - wow. looks like i'm not the only one. i sent him an email earlier today and haven't gotten a reply. let's keep each other posted.

thanks.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Originally Posted by bczee

I agree. I got what I paid for in respect to buying a regulator. Didn't realize that I needed one more piece, should have done some homework.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:11 AM
LouisvilleLT4
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That really sucks. You really have to stay with a few trusted ebay sellers like thepartsladi anymore. I feel like this is analogous to the guys selling the white "preliminary" factory service manuals on ebay, who "forget" to note that these are missing half the sections of the complete manual and most of the time blatantly lie about which sections are included. I managed to fall for that one. True FSMs seem to have much smaller print to cram twice the information in the same size book.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
rich653
Burning Brakes

"Caveat Emptor" > Buyer Beware on e-bay for sure, I do agree though "The parts ladi" has quick reliable service for me so far.

Get notified of new replies

To think i got hosed on some used window regulators...w/pics...help?

Old 02-19-2008, 01:35 PM
skip5015
Advanced

Guys I bought a new regulator on ebay. It is suppossed to be new old stock. With shipping it was 130.00 I,ll put a link here as He has more and both sides for 230.00. Havent recieved mine yet so I cant tell You if its all the listing says but You can look and see if You think its worth it. Skip
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Originally Posted by AGENT 86
Tooooooo late
I emailed him this morning, no reply yet.
Well, after 3 emails and 3 via Ebay over 7 days, the seller responded with "Dear agent86er,

This is the 1st email I got from you is there a problem ? "

In the last message(today), I stated that I am a member of all the major corvette forums and he could be assured that there will be a review of this transaction.
Hmmm !!
Will see how this pans out. I have never had to leave anyone bad feedback and bad reviews before, I hope I can keep that record.

Here is a pic of a new GM reg on ebay, it's obvious I am missing a couple of parts.

Last edited by AGENT 86; 02-22-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:50 PM
0CorvetteRecycling
Former Vendor

Default Regulators Available 84-96

I have OEM NOS regulators avaliable. The even come with instrustions on retrofit right from GM!

Only $99.99 each

Part Numbers:
Right - 22063224
Left - 22063225

Give me a call @ 801-447-4700 (Colton) and let me know you found it on corvetteforum.

Search this Thread
    Quick Reply: think i got hosed on some used window regulators...w/pics...help?