C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1986 Windshield Wiper working sporadically

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 08:39 PM
ralvarezjr
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rons85
Agreed.

The park switch will come with a new/rebuilt motor, although I've gotten a reman motor with a bad park switch in it before. The Park switch can also be purchased separately, by itself. Not all that expensive an item.. although you need to remove the wiper Motor from the car to replace it.
My problem is that someone damaged one of the 2 prongs that contact the wiper cover's circuit board, probably when they changed valve covet gaskets. I can not find ANYTHING that references these 2 contact prongs. I don't even know what they are called and cannit locate them in any parts catalog.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Shag
Intermediate

You have to replace the board. Purchase a new Wiper cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-96-Corvette-Wiper-Motor-Assembly-with-Delay-Circuit-/141287912538?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20e56a745a&vxp=mtr
Old 12-22-2014, 08:27 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Bought a rebuilt wiper motor from Advance Auto awhile back. Darn thing stopped working (only wiping 1/4 of the windshield). Took it back to them,,has a life time warrenty. Replaced for free. I would like to know where to find a cover, mine has a small chunk missing.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:57 PM
ralvarezjr
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ralvarezjr
My problem is that someone damaged one of the 2 prongs that contact the wiper cover's circuit board, probably when they changed valve covet gaskets. I can not find ANYTHING that references these 2 contact prongs. I don't even know what they are called and cannit locate them in any parts catalog.
I might clarify that these two prongs have a blade connector base so they are easily slip off of the "blade" on the back of the wiper motor. The two removable prongs are bent in a "c" shape and have a contact point much like you would see on a set of points. They make contact with the "pads" on the inside of the wiper cover's circuit board.

They MUST be replaceable.

Quick Reply: 1986 Windshield Wiper working sporadically