C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

msd opti spark plug problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msd opti spark plug problems

just got the msd opti today and the plug for the wires is wrong the pictures in the directions show the right plug on the removal steps but does not have the same plug on the new opti... my 92 does not thave the fresh air hoses on the opti,, the guy from sumit sayes there are only two part #'s one with pin drive one with spline drive but the 4 pin conector isn even close???????
Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 AM
TOO_HOTTVETTE
Burning Brakes

The plugs are also different on the later optis
Old 03-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Eddie & the Cruisers
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
just got the msd opti today and the plug for the wires is wrong the pictures in the directions show the right plug on the removal steps but does not have the same plug on the new opti... my 92 does not thave the fresh air hoses on the opti,, the guy from sumit sayes there are only two part #'s one with pin drive one with spline drive but the 4 pin conector isn even close???????
The plug on my '94 matched the new MSD plug exactly but a friend has a '92 and his plug was different than the one on the MSD unit. He went to a junk yard and found one and spliced it into his wiring harness under the fuel rail. I don't remember what car it came off of though it not a Corvette.
Be careful if you look for one because there are two that look alike but the key in them are opposite and will not work.
The reason the connector is different (a 5 pin) is because the 5th pin is a ground wire that connects to the pigtail harness shielding going to the distributor that you don't need anymore.

Last edited by Eddie & the Cruisers; 03-12-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

ill look into that thanks "yins rock"

Get notified of new replies

To msd opti spark plug problems

Quick Reply: msd opti spark plug problems