C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

power seat track repair

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 AM
bitsa85
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and I have the old seat track if anybody wants it for a core for free. Just pay for shipping. I live in N Cal.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
helphos
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Default power seats

Originally Posted by bitsa85
Oh and I have the old seat track if anybody wants it for a core for free. Just pay for shipping. I live in N Cal.
I tried to sell one on ebay for $10 plus shipping. No takers!!
I thought it would be worth that much as a core for somebody.

When it stopped working I replaced it with a manual track. Best solution IMHO.
Maybe I'll cut the plug off and figure some electrical component to run off of the seat switch!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM
fredd1
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default power seat track wiring

Originally Posted by helphos
I tried to sell one on ebay for $10 plus shipping. No takers!!
I thought it would be worth that much as a core for somebody.

When it stopped working I replaced it with a manual track. Best solution IMHO.
Maybe I'll cut the plug off and figure some electrical component to run off of the seat switch!!
A very reasonable solution, but some of us O.C. types want things working the way they were new. I just picked up a couple of '96 power seat frames and need the wiring diagram for the connector. Anyone have one or the schematic?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Crackersauce
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJAYNE
I'm The Guy Whose Taken The Seat Track Transmission Apart. Pretty Easy To Get Apart, Too. What You Probably Discover Inside Is A Really Crappy Design. Good Chance It's Not Gears, Based On My Observation. Gear System Looks Good Enough- It's The Worm Retainers That Suck. There Are 3 Nylon (or Maybe Polypropylene) Retainers, One At Each End Of The Main Worm Drive, And A Large, Complex Piece That Situates The Drive Gear Shafts.

Mine Is A 92, Owned Since New, With 21k Miles. Lots Of Stuff Going Wrong By Now, Mostly Victims Of Age. Anyway, The Nylon Retainers Fracture, Causing Inadequate Meshing Of The Gears. Probably Impossible To Buy Components, So I'm Going To Try Something Experimental And Cheap. 2 Of The 3 Retainers On Mine Are Broken, But Only The Forward/reverse Has Completely Failed. I'm Going To Make A Steel Stiffener To Sandwich The Primary Retainer In Place When I Rivet The Housing Back Together.

The Idea Is To Force The Broken Retainer Pieces Into Position By The Addition Of The Stiffener. Hoping This Works, Since The Alternative Is Rediculous.

Anyone Else Have Thoughts?

The only thought that crosses my mind is why the **** did you capitalize the first letter of every single word????

Quick Reply: power seat track repair