C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Error code 32

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
LinsVette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error code 32

Hello,

I have a 1990 L89 VIN8. I replaced the fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, EGR valve. Car ran perfectly for a couple hundred miles, and then I got an error 13 (O2 Sensor). After I replaced the sensor and cleared the codes, the car still idled and ran just as poorly.

Now I am getting an intermittent SES error light and an ECM error code 32 (EGR related). The only related circuitry is the EGR solenoid attached to one of the thermostat bolts on the front of the intake manifold. I understand that the first thing to check is the EGR sensor/switch, but there is no temperature sensor/switch on the intake to exhaust manifold crossover tube on this engine.

I was going to replace the solenoid but the dealer says it was discontinued in 2006 and local parts distributors can't get one either. Eckler's doesn't list one either.

Does anyone know where I can get a new EGR solenoid or should I be looking elsewhere to correct the error 32 problem?

Thanks,

Ivan
Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Bobwhite85
Drifting

I had the same problem on my 85 after installing new injectors. Found vacume leak at the EGR vacume switch. (plastic was cracked where the vacume line went into it, super glue fixed it....LOL..
Old 04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

First I would check the vac lines for cracks, secondly you don't know if the problem is the EGR Sol or the EGR Valve. There's a diagnostic method on my site; just ignore the part about the EGR Sw as your '90 doesn't have said sensor.

Once you isolate the problem to the Sol or the Valve your local AC Delco parts store should be able to hook you up.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 AM
LinsVette
Intermediate

Thank you for your responses. I will follow up on them and let you know what I find.

Get notified of new replies

To Error code 32

Quick Reply: Error code 32