C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Where To Find TCC Lockup Command

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
90Indy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where To Find TCC Lockup Command

I have recently finished installing a blown 383 in my 90 with a 4L60. I have installed a Blowerworks tune and now my torque converter will not lockup. Everything else seems to be working fine. I have a Moates Autoprom and run TunerPro RT. I am trying to make sure the chip has the TCC lock-up command on it but I do not know where to look in the file.

From what I am seeing there is just not a simple "lock-up @ 60 mph" command somewhere in the file. I would appreciate someone pointing me to where to look for the lock-up command and how to decipher what I will be reading.

Thanks in advance for your help.

90Indy
Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 90Indy
From what I am seeing there is just not a simple "lock-up @ 60 mph" command somewhere in the file. I would appreciate someone pointing me to where to look for the lock-up command and how to decipher what I will be reading.
Thanks in advance for your help. 90Indy
there are a couple, there is TCC lock high and low gears in scalers and unlock prevention.
low gears should command 3rd gear lock at x mph, and high should command it in 4th@x mph.
unlock prevention should not allow the converter to unlock above x mph.
and there is tcc lock vs %tps 3rd and one for 4th gear in tables.

However, I can't honestly imagine that there aren't at least the stock settings in the bin. When driving, and in de-cell can you feel the converter unlock?
There could be other things, solonoid, have you checked to make sure the connecter from the ecm is plugged in?
You can also force lock up by jumping a &f at the aldl (if memory serves, double check the pins first)
Old 06-10-2008, 10:47 PM
90Indy
Pro

Thanks msevens. I still have some questions so I will post what I am seeing.

TCC Delay Before Lock in High Gear -- 8.60 Seconds
TCC Delay Before Lock in Low Gear -- 7.10 Seconds
TCC Unlock Prevention Threshold -- 98.00 MPH

Of course there are many more lines in the bin where the TCC is mentioned and I will post whatever I need to to present a better idea of the tune if someone lets me know what to post.

As far as a possible mechanical issue I am looking in that area as well. I just don't want to waste allot of time and effort if there is something missing in the tune and I can find it with a simple push of a few computer keys.

I appreciate the input. Let me know what I have posted means and what to post next.

Willing to listen and learn.

90Indy

Last edited by 90Indy; 06-11-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 90Indy
Thanks msevens. I still have some questions so I will post what I am seeing.
TCC Delay Before Lock in High Gear -- 8.60 Seconds
TCC Delay Before Lock in Low Gear -- 7.10 Seconds
TCC Unlock Prevention Threshold -- 98.00 MPH
Of course there are many more lines in the bin where the TCC is mentioned and I will post whatever I need to to present a better idea of the tune if someone lets me know what to post.
As far as a possible mechanical issue I am looking in that area as well. I just don't want to waste allot of time and effort if there is something missing in the tune and I can find it with a simple push of a few computer keys. I appreciate the input. Let me know what I have posted means and what to post next. Willing to listen and learn.
90Indy
Sorry it takes a bit for me to respond, between work and working on mine time is flying. I will try and help the best I can, the TCC stuff for me, is usually to lock at a certain MPH to avoid excess lock and unlock (conv. heat) particularly at around 40 mph. (also sets up weird loads and even SK's), and the obvious WOT lock.
I am using a $8d def. and have no "delay before lock" in scales or tables. What def are you using? This is for the 90 right?

However those tables are in the arap, and 32 type defs. (165 ecm)
In those bins: delay for "high gear" is at 0.20 and "low gear "is at
0.30 (stock #'s)
The lock prevention is at 76mph (in either def. 727 or 165ecm bins).
I'm not sure why those may have been modded though, perhaps it is because of FI.? (can't tell you bout that one) What I can say is, that seems like a long time....on the street 7or 8 seconds could make it feel like no lock and in traffic/light to light might never lock.
I also can't see how trying some stock settings (remember to always save original bin file first !) would hurt, the car has a lockup in it ?

I can understand about tweaking for no reason. Have you had a chance to check the connecter etc.?

Last edited by mseven; 06-11-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
90Indy
Pro

I am using a $8d def. and have no "delay before lock" in scales or tables. What def are you using? This is for the 90 right?

I am using 6E.xdf and TunerPro RT. If this is incorrect where can I find the $8d? I looked around Moates site and did not find it.

90Indy
Old 06-15-2008, 04:35 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Open and edit your current xdf settings, you will want the 8d xdf choice in tuner pro choices. If you don't have a 8d in your d.s., go over to tuner pro rt site and you can download one there.

for 8d bins (727/730) here: http://www.moates.net/fileman/index....D%205.0%205.7s
moatesuser/moatespassword, there are 8d bins there (you will have to copy & paste all info to the new bin). I wuold also start w/stock TCC settings, and go from there.

Last edited by mseven; 06-16-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Where To Find TCC Lockup Command

Quick Reply: Where To Find TCC Lockup Command