C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Converting Non-roller block to Roller block.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Converting Non-roller block to Roller block.

Anyone ever done this? I have found a set of roller lifters which look just like factory lifters except they are about half an inch shorter. They are advertised as roller lifter conversion for non-roller blocks. When I ask, I was told that you had to machine the tops of the lifter bores flat to accept the factory roller guide, drill & tap three holes in the valley floor for the lifter retainer spring plate and drop in the parts. I was further told that there was someone on e-bay selling written instructions to do this job. The roller lifters were cheep enough so I bought a set. I've looked, but I can't find the person selling plans on e-bay.
Has anyone heard of this??
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Muffin
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You are correct about the E-Bay thing. Two years or so ago some guy was hawking plans for conversion, downloadable, for something like $25.00. I decided to find a roller block,didn't really care for conversion.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I did a search for "roller cam conversion plans" and found a Mustang Mag article where they got conversion "kit" from Comp Cams. You might contact CC to see what help they can offer.

BTW, they sell direct and are great to deal with.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Wingralf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are talking about using the v-6 rollers from I believe 2004 or so and up 3.4's with 7.5 inch push rods.
The block has to be machined down abit? for the dogbones and as stated the the flats over cam need to have holes drilled and tapped for the spider.
I never seen the exact instuctions. And wondered my self about the amount thats needed to be removed over the lifter bores.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 397 Likes on 261 Posts

Do a search over in the C3 section. I know someone over there has the V-6 roller lifters in his 406. He did a big write up for the forum a few years ago about this conversion.
Will

Get notified of new replies

To Converting Non-roller block to Roller block.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Converting Non-roller block to Roller block.