C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Factory Security System not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
caryard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Security System not working properly

I've got a 1992 Corvette with the factory security system. When you get out of the vehicle and hit the power door lock button, the factory security system arms as it is supposed to.

If I use my key to open the passenger door, it disarms the system as it's supposed to.

If I use my key to open the drivers door the horn starts honking and I have to get in real fast to put the ignition key in or run around to the passenger door with the door key in order to disarm the system.

What should I be looking at to fix this?
Old 07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
eden92
3rd Gear

Have you tried turning the door key in the opposite direction first (toward the front of the car) and then turning it toward the outside edge of the door to unlock it? Turning it in the opposite direction before unlocking the door disarms the alarm. I also have a '92 and this is the procedure I have to use. I found out about this by reading this forum. My owner's manual says nothing about it!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 PM
caryard
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by eden92
Have you tried turning the door key in the opposite direction first (toward the front of the car) and then turning it toward the outside edge of the door to unlock it? Turning it in the opposite direction before unlocking the door disarms the alarm. I also have a '92 and this is the procedure I have to use. I found out about this by reading this forum. My owner's manual says nothing about it!

Yes, I tried this. It doesn't matter how I do it. When I open the drivers door, the alarm goes off.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Attached to the back of the door key cylinder is a switch.
When the key is turned counter clockwise, the switch is closed. The Black/White wire which is ground is connected to the Light Green wire which goes to the alarm part of the CCM. When the light green wire is connected to ground the CCM disables the alarm.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Security System not working properly

Quick Reply: Factory Security System not working properly