C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

which spark plugs is good for LT1 w/nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Bobwhite85
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which spark plugs is good for LT1 w/nitrous

What spark plug has worked the best for you LT1 guys? I have a 92 LT1 with a 100HP shot. Also where are you guys running your timing at? I have a MSD 6Al box and a MSD timing retard box with an adjustable **** that mounts on the dash area. I guess all I need to know is how far do I need to retard the timing from stock for a 100HP shot? Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I think the NGK-TR6 is the colder plug that can be used.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

For future reference, there is a C4 forum dedicated to nitrous and other power adders, you would probably have better luck in there.

In the order you asked them:

With a 100 shot, an NGK TR6 would be fine. That's one step colder than stock. You can also cut back the electrode on a stock heat range plug. I prefer cut back plugs, others like a cooler plug. The cooler plug won't last as long as a cut back plug of the proper heat range, that's why I like them.

On a 100 shot, 2 degrees should be enough as long as you are using the stock tune in the computer. The stock timing curve is pretty conservative, the 2 degrees probably isn't necessary but it's better safe than sorry.

Total timing should probably be at about 32 with your 100 shot, maybe a tick more. Unfortunately, if you have the stock LT1 balancer, you don't have anyway of knowing what the timing actually is.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Bobwhite85
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both for the replys!! I know about the "C4 forum dedicated to nitrous and other power adders" (Thank you for your suggestion) I also posted this same question over there about an hour before I posted it here. I have gotten two replys here and none over there. I posted a question over there last week ("NOS on 92 LT1") and it took 3 days and 72 people to look at it before someone answerd/replyed to it. It was you that finally replyed to it THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! For some reason I get faster replys to my post at section of the C4 Forum . More traffic maybe??? Thanks for your help!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:18 AM
pr0zac
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you would be fine on a stock setup with a 100 shot. i run a 150 shot on a non nitrous tune and autolite 103's without pulling any timing.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a 125 dry shot from a Zex kit. I use NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .035, custom tune with 5 deg timing pulled, 93 octane gas, and SVO 24# injectors.

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 07-20-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
pr0zac
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw i have a mallory 685 ignition that i can pull timing out when i spray and its has an internal window switch and a 2 step. just haven't used it to its full potential.. if i go more than 150 i will.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 PM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobwhite85
Thank you both for the replys!! I know about the "C4 forum dedicated to nitrous and other power adders" (Thank you for your suggestion) I also posted this same question over there about an hour before I posted it here. I have gotten two replys here and none over there. I posted a question over there last week ("NOS on 92 LT1") and it took 3 days and 72 people to look at it before someone answerd/replyed to it. It was you that finally replyed to it THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! For some reason I get faster replys to my post at section of the C4 Forum . More traffic maybe??? Thanks for your help!
Lol.

Like I said, the, "I'm new to nitrous" questions are asked over there on almost a daily basis, and there is considerably less traffic in there than on here.

Good luck with the car and N20.

Get notified of new replies

To which spark plugs is good for LT1 w/nitrous

Quick Reply: which spark plugs is good for LT1 w/nitrous