C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Grandsport F45 Shocks question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Canuck
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grandsport F45 Shocks question

Hi guys
I am looking for a replacement for the original selective ride shock absorbers or at least an option for rebuild. Also, looking for heavier tubular front and rear stabilizer bars. The car has too much body roll to suit me in the autocross events. Would like to keep the selective controls if at all possible.

Also, looking for information on a replacement power steering pump and reservoir.. preferably a race performance one.

Any and all comments are appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Terry
Old 08-09-2008, 01:07 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuck
Hi guys
I am looking for a replacement for the original selective ride shock absorbers or at least an option for rebuild. Also, looking for heavier tubular front and rear stabilizer bars. The car has too much body roll to suit me in the autocross events. Would like to keep the selective controls if at all possible.

Also, looking for information on a replacement power steering pump and reservoir.. preferably a race performance one.

Any and all comments are appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Terry
The shocks are out of production. No one rebuilds them (unlike the Bilstein FX3 shocks). All of which means your only choice is to hope to stumble upon someone (or perhaps a dealer) that has stashed some NOS ones. Expect to pay a small fortune. The other choice is to search the salvage yards for a low mileage '96 that was equipped with F45.

Lots of sway bar options...DRM sells them, Vette Brakes & Products, used bars from earlier cars, etc.

TurnOne can rebuild your powersteering pump so that it survives high rpm (they did mine several years ago). I've never seen an aftermarket reservoir, but it would seem easy enough to have a shop fab one up. Never heard of any issues with the OEM piece.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Canuck
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply. Was trying to keep the car as stock as possible even though Lingenfelter did their magic to the engine. I guess I should contact one of the performance suspension vendors and see what they might suggest. I don't belong to the GSR anymore so I was unable to access their forum.

Thanks again
Terry
Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuck
Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply. Was trying to keep the car as stock as possible even though Lingenfelter did their magic to the engine. I guess I should contact one of the performance suspension vendors and see what they might suggest. I don't belong to the GSR anymore so I was unable to access their forum.

Thanks again
Terry
No problem Terry.

I use Koni adjustables. Pain to adjust the rear but they work well. Some guys have used the QA1s. Seems like the guys that run the track days and auto-x all the time go the Koni route.

Get notified of new replies

To Grandsport F45 Shocks question

Quick Reply: Grandsport F45 Shocks question