C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

injector videos and questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by captain cook
My 1992 corvette just sprang a leak in a fuel injector. What is the right injector? Where can I buy the right one?
You better replace the whole set !
there is one way
and you won't regret
Call Jon at www.fuelinjectorconnection.com
770 888 1662
Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Great videos! I've been gone for a year and a half and it is nice to see a vendor going to extra lengths to help people out like this.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:24 AM
ronniebfla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much for taking the time and explaining as well as demonstrating everything. Again, My thanks and respect to those here whocontribute their time and expertise.

This saved me mucho dinero. well it will when i can save up for a new set.
cheers

Ronnie
1988 vette
Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
rsovine
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 84 that is hard to start, I have to crank forever.

Could this be the injectors and can I send them to you for a complete rebuild?

I watched your video and I know now that I do not posses the skill to rebuild and test the injectors. Do yo also do the regulators?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rsovine
I have an 84 that is hard to start, I have to crank forever.

Could this be the injectors and can I send them to you for a complete rebuild?

I watched your video and I know now that I do not posses the skill to rebuild and test the injectors. Do yo also do the regulators?
we rebuild the TB injectors and have all the seals and gaskets for the throttle bodies.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 PM
natec
Cruising

Hi Jon, Do you have the store on ebay.I think I found your store just not sure. I have a set of 24lb accel injectors in my 90 vette but ever since I installed them I get a code32 (egr problem ). I have tryed about everything to fix the problem ( see my EGR code 32 problem thread ). I think that maybe since I have installed these injectors it might be leaving a little fuel (dropplets)in the intake and setting the code I am getting. I like the way the Bosch III spray pattern looks and hope this might help me with this problem. The original injectors I believe were the multec design and after alot of troubleshooting ( resistense problems from about 8 - 16 ) found out they were the problem with my vette running bad. That is when I purchased a set of these accel pencil spray type injectors. Again, I didnt have a code32 problem until I installed these injectors. Have you ever heard of anyone having a simular problem like this.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by natec
Hi Jon, Do you have the store on ebay.I think I found your store just not sure. I have a set of 24lb accel injectors in my 90 vette but ever since I installed them I get a code32 (egr problem ). I have tryed about everything to fix the problem ( see my EGR code 32 problem thread ). I think that maybe since I have installed these injectors it might be leaving a little fuel (dropplets)in the intake and setting the code I am getting. I like the way the Bosch III spray pattern looks and hope this might help me with this problem. The original injectors I believe were the multec design and after alot of troubleshooting ( resistense problems from about 8 - 16 ) found out they were the problem with my vette running bad. That is when I purchased a set of these accel pencil spray type injectors. Again, I didnt have a code32 problem until I installed these injectors. Have you ever heard of anyone having a simular problem like this.
use the website www.fuelinjectorconnection.com we also have a ebay store fuelinjectorconnection i don't know if that's your problem but a 90 uses a 22lb not 24. I am not a fan of the accell's only because of the spray pattern being a pencil.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 PM
ZDRpewter01
Pro

Ordered mine today... Can't wait!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:54 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

was there ever a solution to the problem of high BLM's after an injector intall ??
This was with any brand, my particular experience was with Accel. Other's have experienced it with other brands as well.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:43 AM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Please dont flame, please read
I know this sounds skeptical, but how much of the change in our tests were really due to just having new injectors put in? Mileage, age, cleanliness play a big part.
Everyone claims seat of the pants, but where are the dyno numbers to back it up.
I know the Bosch III's are better, but they are new.
I would love to see a dyno test, engine dyno, where New GM injectors for a random COrvette (L98,LT1) was run, then brand new Bosch III's installed. That is more realistic.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:47 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by steve40th
Please dont flame, please read
I know this sounds skeptical, but how much of the change in our tests were really due to just having new injectors put in? Mileage, age, cleanliness play a big part.
Everyone claims seat of the pants, but where are the dyno numbers to back it up.
I know the Bosch III's are better, but they are new.
I would love to see a dyno test, engine dyno, where New GM injectors for a random COrvette (L98,LT1) was run, then brand new Bosch III's installed. That is more realistic.
the thing is that injectors have evolved from a simple valve to a fuel metering device. The early injectors squirted fuel onto the intake valve using the heat from the valve to vaporize the fuel, then the fuel mixed with air became a combustible mixture. As technology progressed the new nozzles atomized the fuel directly at the tip of the injector. This provided a better mixture for better combustion that makes an engine more efficient. I personally do not think it would be worth the dyno time nor the time to swap injectors back and forth. The reason you "tune Up" your car is to get the engine to run more efficient. An injector update would top off the tune up utilizing years of research for you to take advantage of. There are many cars running on clogged or bad injectors, those cars, when injectors are replaced really see the difference. Now, will a car with 8 good stock injectors from the 80's run better with a new set of injectors? Probably, only because the mixture is supposedly more efficient.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:42 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Default ZR-1 / LT5 injectors

I know I probably missed the answer to this Q on your web site....:o

The set of LT5/ZR-1 injectors that you sell ( not the NCRS injectors ) as replacements for the 90 - 92 ZR-1's are which Bosch design?

Thanks!

Tom
Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tomtom72
I know I probably missed the answer to this Q on your web site....:o

The set of LT5/ZR-1 injectors that you sell ( not the NCRS injectors ) as replacements for the 90 - 92 ZR-1's are which Bosch design?

Thanks!

Tom
Tom they are Bosch 2.. They have the same 4 hole discharge as the Bosch 3 and are compatible with e-10.. The bosch 3 will not fit in the 90-92 Z
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default ZZ4 with MiniRam

Jon,

Here's my engine in my 64 Vette:

ZZ4, bored to 353 ci
Heads are L98 style, mild porting
Stock Cam
TPIS MiniRam with OBD1
Dyno Tuned 4k miles ago.

I think the FI's I'm using are off my prior motor which was a 98 5.7 L TPI (Slightly Modified).

What injectors do you suggest, and will I need a new tune?

Last edited by CWerner; 12-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
Tom they are Bosch 2.. They have the same 4 hole discharge as the Bosch 3 and are compatible with e-10.. The bosch 3 will not fit in the 90-92 Z
Thank you Jon.

I was liking the atomization vid of the Bosch III's and wanted an injector that would be better than the Lucas based replacement injectors' atomization that I now have on the motor. I was kind of surprised at your demonstration of the spray patterns. The Lucas pattern was not all that pretty to look at!

Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by CWerner
Jon,

Here's my engine in my 64 Vette:

ZZ4, bored to 353 ci
Heads are L98 style, mild porting
Stock Cam
TPIS MiniRam with OBD1
Dyno Tuned 4k miles ago.

I think the FI's I'm using are off my prior motor which was a 98 5.7 L TPI (Slightly Modified).

What injectors do you suggest, and will I need a new tune?
THEY ARE 24'S THAT YOU HAVE NOW,, IF YOU PUT IN THESE YOU WILL NOT NEED A TUNE.
http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...&productId=166
JON
Old 12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

How can I verify that they are 24's? When the shop built my previous engine, they may have changed the size and went larger. It was not a stock L98. HP @ FW was at least 350 HP.

My new engine dyno'd @ 408 hp with a carb/intake setup, but it's now running the MR with my old injectors.

Get notified of new replies

To injector videos and questions

Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cwerner
how can i verify that they are 24's? When the shop built my previous engine, they may have changed the size and went larger. It was not a stock l98. Hp @ fw was at least 350 hp.

My new engine dyno'd @ 408 hp with a carb/intake setup, but it's now running the mr with my old injectors.
get the part # i can tell you what they are
Old 12-07-2009, 12:42 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Jon if you have time can you answer a few questions ?
1 Whats the maximum fuel pressure I can use for Bosch 3s ?
2 Whats the max duty cycle I can run for short periods, maybe 3 seconds at the end of a 1/4 mile run ?
3 Are they E 85 compatible ?
Thanks. I guess you can see what my plan is.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JackDidley
Jon if you have time can you answer a few questions ?
1 Whats the maximum fuel pressure I can use for Bosch 3s ?
2 Whats the max duty cycle I can run for short periods, maybe 3 seconds at the end of a 1/4 mile run ?
3 Are they E 85 compatible ?
Thanks. I guess you can see what my plan is.
THE BOSCH 3 CAN TAKE 8 BAR OF PRESSURE 116PSI
I DON'T LIKE TO GO OVER 93ds
THEY ARE 100% COMPLIANT TO ALL FUELS INCLUDING METH

Quick Reply: injector videos and questions