C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 03:11 PM
TIMSPEED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º?

I'm thinking of going with the Fast Burn heads, but I seen that they're Cast Iron. I have an 87 Corvette with the Aluminum heads, so I wanted to REPLACE them with Aluminum's. I heard that the 87 Corvette's actually have DECENT heads. The GM Vortec "Fast Burn" heads are $700 (for them with the springs I need, etc.), while the TFS Twisted Wedge 23º's are around $1000, but they're also aluminum. Any ideas, or experience? I'm going to be using either the Scoggin-Dickey TPI Baseplate (To fit the Vortec heads), or the TPiS Big Mouth (To fit the TFS heads) along with Large Tube Runners/Ported Plenum, and a GM LT4 HotCam.
Old 01-07-2002, 03:18 PM
TIMSPEED
Le Mans Master

Default Re: GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º? (tntcorvette)

I was going to go with the Aluminum Version of the Vortec, but I read that they have a 210cc intake runner...which is a little large for an L98/TPI motor. I was looking for one with around 180-200. But I dunno, I just got wind of the Aluminum Version of the Vortec Fast Burn's...I was TRYING to keep the cost of heads >$1000, so yeah...
Old 01-07-2002, 04:09 PM
C4-Wolf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º? (TIMSPEED)

I don't have any experience with either of the heads, but you might want to consider getting a mini ram instead of the other TPIS intake parts. There isn't too much of a difference in price, like $800 for base, runners, and plenum VS. $1250 for the miniram. Unless you are getting the parts for less than retail I think the MR is more power for your money. Good luck with the mods.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:19 PM
ROADAPPLE
Drifting

Default Re: GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º? (C4-Wolf)

I called AFR. A set of aluminium 190cc intake runner heads all set up and ready to bolt on are $1600.00. I just thought you would be intrested in what I found out.
C44EVER

Get notified of new replies

To GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º?

Quick Reply: GM Vortec "Fast Burn" Heads or TFS Twisted Wedge 23º?