C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

nitrous injector plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 PM
llong66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous injector plate

My nitrous setup is a zex direct port setup. After looking into plumbing the intake I am thinking I might hold off on the direct port install until I rebuild my motor and just go with a plate between the TB and intake, problem is I have been unable to find one. Can anyone tell me who would sell just the plate? I dont really want a nozzle that you put in the intake stream.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 PM
alterchristopher
Instructor

I use my Phone to veiw sight can't see sigs what engine type and how much are you going to spray I know nitrous direct makes a good plate for lt1 cars but the if your are spraying less then a 200 shot the stock nozzle will do fine
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
llong66
Intermediate

Thanks, I just plan on running a 100 shot for now, maybe not even that much, stick with a 75. I will go more but not until I rebuild my motor to handle it.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
alterchristopher
Instructor

I spray a 100 shot on my car 170,000 miles on ut threw the zex nozzle It works great I use a msd/eddelbrock window switch and a msd 6al ignition box with a PCMforless bolt on tune and step colder plugs I am pulling no timing for it either if you have any questions let me know
Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 PM
llong66
Intermediate

Thank you very much for both of your posts! I thought the 6al box was a stand alone unit. I have the zex window switch to handle that end of things. Can you tell me what other box you need with the 6al? Like I said, I thought it was a stand alone unit as far as timing went.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
alterchristopher
Instructor

Actully I assumed you the 6al part # 6420 wich uses rpm pills for the red line if you have this one you need this timing box to control timing http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...g_Control.aspx
If you have the newer one you may not need that box. if you dont have a msd box already look at the Malory boxes they control rpm timing stages ect. I will say you need some way to change the redline from a fuel cut to spark cut if the redline stay stock and it cuts fuel and your window switch dosnt activate in time (ie you miss a shift) it will cut fuel and lean out the mixture wich is very bad.
If you car is a lt1/4 car I recomend this site http://ltxtech.com/forums/forum.php fastest ltx cars in the world are on their

Get notified of new replies

To nitrous injector plate

Quick Reply: nitrous injector plate