C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Air/Fuel Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
allbowties
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air/Fuel Ratio

I have a 92 LT1. Is there any way to understand what the air/fuel ratio is by monitoring the volt readings on the oxygen sensors? I am trying to do a little tuning before I can hook it up on a wide band.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:09 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by allbowties
I have a 92 LT1. Is there any way to understand what the air/fuel ratio is by monitoring the volt readings on the oxygen sensors? I am trying to do a little tuning before I can hook it up on a wide band.
no,
scans and datamaster and the like only show the target afr. MV in c.l. moves over the crossover too much to equate that to a constant afr.
Usually when tuning for C.L., trying to achieve a 128 ish blm would be considered safe, and might (depending on origin of tune, what's done in the tables etc in the tune, overall state of car, blower, na, really to many variables here to list.) be reasonablly close to 14.7.

I have noticed after runnig the wide band in PE, that certain mv. readings can than be ralated to an already known afr. I wouldn't want to tell someone a certain mv. is 'safe' in their car/set up, as that may not be true in someone elses car. Thei only accuarate method is to use a WB.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by allbowties
I have an Accel DfI fuel management system on my Corvette. Before I got my wide band, I would record the 02 sensor voltage at wide open throttle in open loop. In closed loop, the reading varies all over the place so it was not helpful to monitor the voltage. In open loop, .730 was my target and would equate to approx 12.5 afr on the wide band. Caution though, 02 sensors are different and what worked for me may or may not work for you. Willie
Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

I have a Air/Fuel ratio gauge about to be installed that goes into the oxygen sensor. Hope it works.

Get notified of new replies

To Air/Fuel Ratio

Quick Reply: Air/Fuel Ratio