C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Are Duralast parts form Autozone a smart way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

You get what you pay for. I go to NAPA for better parts.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by Randy93
Cardone does not make an Opti, I have had numerous problems w/AC Delco parts. My 2yr old coil is failing.
Truth is, electronic parts are usually good no matter who you buy from and I have there rotors on my car and have 40k+ miles and the car stops great. As far as pads go, I have never used them so I cannot say. I have there Power booster for over 3 years with only one problem and that was my fault(forgot to put a heatshield on, when I installed my headers) and they replaced it w/no questions.

Thepartsladi rocks, good prices and quick shipping.
Cardone DOES have a re-manned Opti. Click the link below.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...entId=cat10017

It's junk, though. Play at your OWN risk.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
ZD1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As a sprited driver their brakes won't last long in the front. However, the rears should be fine.

All the "main street part stores" have their good points and bad. The real trick is knowing what they are selling. As listed above, u-joints are cheaper there...if they are a spicer then who cares! But, they also have cheap/high profit items. The best way to weed out the high profit is to go high high warranties.

Or you can skip all that and always upgrade when something goes out.

Originally Posted by CORVETTE_NSDQ
I have 93 Vett. that I am fixing and so far I need to replace rotors (rear) and brake pads. I am planning to use the Duralast Gold pads and get a set of rotors also. Both are the Duralast brand is this a smart choice? Please all info is great. Is Autozone a good place or not to buy parts? They have always done a good job for me. Thanks to all the reply.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
samsonb
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How are their Duralast gold cap and rotors? I think AC Delco doesn't use brass for the pins.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like their Duralast gold battery with 3yr warranty. I buy some parts from them like hoses and maybe some sensors. I buy most of my fluids and disposables from them also.

I picked up a new oil level sensor the other day. It was about 10 or 20 cheaper then the dealership but it was a plastic piece not metal like the original. The dealership didn't have it in stock. I would have waited a week but I needed it immediately since I broke the stock one.

Some of their tools are OK. They have an unlimited lifetime warranty on the Duralast sockets. I bought one to fix my intake leak on Sunday. I also have about $200 in tools on loan from them right now. They recently took back a coil spring compressor I had burrowed for three years. Got store credit for it.

NAPA is a ripoff, IMO. I went there the other day for some parts and tools. Everything was overpriced. The same tool I bought from Car Quest for $21 was listed at Napa for $82. They wanted $70 for a goodyear belt. I laughed at the guy and left. Got it much cheaper somewhere else. Occasionally some of their replacement parts are ok on price.

For brakes Hawk HPS are what I like. I usually buy brake stuff from these guys.

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 03-24-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 AM
hman1987
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lifetime duralast pads on mine (front). They don't last as long I would like but for the price and the fact that no questions are asked when I exercise my warranty, I am fairly satisfied. As far as brand loyalty, I am a price shopper.

Quick Reply: Are Duralast parts form Autozone a smart way to go?