C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1990 theft deterrent system problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:44 AM
cadillacderek
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCM test

well i did the test on chart 1 and it said to replace the CCM... anyone know what years will interchange?? any C4 possibly?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 AM
chevylu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-z...lacing-it.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-s...o-program.html
Old 05-08-2009, 09:28 PM
cadillacderek
Heel & Toe

Default CCM replacement

first off another thanks to Chevylu for the links...

Mike o... i strongly recoment you read the thread links he provided.. the guy has a 94 with same symptoms as us and they had alot of feedback from other members.

anyway i just got off the phone with Ken Andersen at K & B special products and i told him how i came to the conclution of the CCM being bad and i also told him all symptoms and he confirmed that it is more then likely the CCM... but i advise you to double check connections before calling him.

He basicly said that usually the circut board itself is ok (no bad resisters or burnt traces etc.) but since it is a computer, the software program itself can simply start functing weird after time... possibly due to voltage spikes, jump starts, etc..?.. causing it to act like this. what he does is record important info such as milage and vats code.. then he erases everything and reloads it with a new version of the factory software, then re-programs the milage and vats code so when you get it back your ready to go... no need to have the dealer reflash

im sending mine out first thing tomorrow i will let you all know when i get it back I CANT WAIT!!!!! i really think this will fix it!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:43 AM
chevylu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cadillacderek
i just got off the phone with Ken Andersen at K & B special products
Just to make sure we're on the same page; is this is the company with whom you are dealing?

K & B Special Products
1015 Nine North Drive
Alpharetta, GA (Georgia) 30004-5945
Phone: (770) 777-1031

The reason I ask is that there is another K&B Special Products at
5175 Overbend Trl Nw, Suwanee, GA 30024
(770) 932-0867

Back in September of '07, member USAFPILOT said it cost him $295 + shipping; is this what you're looking at?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
cadillacderek
Heel & Toe

yes, thats the one... in Alpharetta, GA, (770) 777-1031.. i could be mistakin but i think he said $275... i was so happy to find someone that can do it correctly i wasn't paying to much attention to price he says they can do ECM's also so thats good to know. and he sounds like a good guy, that knows his business for sure!! and if you leave a message he actually calls you back which is rare these days.

i sent it out monday the 11th fedex 2 day.. he said he has alot ahead of me but he should be able to ship it back to me 2 or 3 days after he recives it... so hopefully ill be putting it back in the vette next week
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
cadillacderek
Heel & Toe

Default It worked!!!!!!

UPDATE...

Mike O, if your still out there i recomend calling Ken at the number above and sending him your CCM... i got mine back the other day, installed it right away and followed the supplied instructions for getting the VATS code programed and she fired right up and i haven't had any of the previous problems at all... starts right up every time and the LCD works great now. $275 well spent (plus shipping)

chevylu, once again i appreciate your patience and help... and your right, the FSM is well worth the money and its easy to read and understand too.. thanks again to everyone for the input!!
to another vette back on the road
good luck mike, any thing i can do to help you, feel free to contact me.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
blck90vette
Intermediate

had similar problem,,,,mechanic looked at everything ,,,,,was a nightmare...problem was the injectors...runs fantastic now

Quick Reply: 1990 theft deterrent system problems