C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Won't Start Security and Sys Flashing

Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
BruceK
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't Start Security and Sys Flashing

I have a 1992 Corvette. I installed a Vats bypass and it seems to work fine. However, occasionally it won't start and the security light and sys light flash when it won't start. I never know when its not going to start, so its very annoying. Usually when I go to start the car the security light is off, I noticed that sometimes the security light stays on and thats when it will not start.
I stopped using the power locks thinking it was may the alarm that was disabling the car from start, however I still have a problem when I use the manual locks.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so annoying.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:19 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Need to pull the codes
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...56&postcount=9

Will give you indication of faults present
Old 06-19-2009, 12:44 AM
BruceK
Intermediate

Thanks very much for the repy. I was wondering if the codes would still be there, since it runs fine after it starts. I will give it a try when I get time next week.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 AM
VetteFreak91
Instructor

Check the battery voltage, it should be reading around 12.6v. Then check it when turning the car over. The light flashes due to general system faults. This light may flash if the voltage drops below 9v. The most common cause of this light flashing intermittently is an old or weak battery. Get the battery checked and re-charge or replace the battery if necessary. If the battery is OK then check the computer for codes because one or more of the electrical systems may have a problem.
Good luck
Old 06-19-2009, 09:00 AM
jimg's'93
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine does exactly the same thing...I never know when she'll fire up or not and I simply wait out the 10 minutes and most times all is well. Odd thing is it only happens in the summer (Hot) months but never when it's cooler out.

I've checked the voltage, connections, etc. and all is well. Since she's not a dd, I've just kinda learned to live with this PITA annoyance.

<<< Me waiting the 10 minutes out.

Get notified of new replies

To Won't Start Security and Sys Flashing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Won't Start Security and Sys Flashing