C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Electronic Climate Control and warning buzzer repair...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 11:57 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Mid-TN Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Electronic Climate Control and warning buzzer repair...

I thought this might be worth sharing. Since I got my 93 about a year ago, I have had 2 nagging problems. The warning buzzer (ie., lights on, key in ignition, etc) didn't work, and the electronic climate control buttons rarely worked. I fixed both of them yesterday, and thought it would be worth sharing in case somebody else runs into this one day :

First, the buzzer :

It's located behind the information center. The service manual says you have to remove the dash to get to it. You do not need to do this. You have to remove the stereo, information center and A/C controls to get to it. Even then, it's still hard to get to, but not impossible. It's about the size of a pack of cigarettes. It's velcroed to the top of the alarm module. It's will take some time, and you might need to remove the screws that hold the alarm module in place. My buzzer had a cold-solder joint on the contacts going into the circuit board. Problem fixed.

Next the A/C module :

Remove it. Next, remove the 6 screws to pull the boards out. Next remove the circuit board where the buttons are, and take an eraser to clean the contacts for each button. Make sure you clean off any eraser residue. Put it back together. Problem fixed.

Both repairs took a total of 2 hours to do. Now I won't leave my lights on by accident again, and my A/C isn't stuck at 80 degrees :-)

JR
:smash: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :smash:

[Modified by jreed99, 9:58 AM 2/11/2002]

Quick Reply: Electronic Climate Control and warning buzzer repair...